Paint tools — Color

• I love that we can color things now. I see that we can select a hex color for materials when we create the material (blocks). I also like the paint brush/roller tools. I wonder if in the future we could have a color selector for these tools in regular game play (not console) instead of the current right click through 5-6 colors? That would be awesome.

I also saw that when you paint a wall it paints all sides. Darn. But I can understand why that happens, and why it would be sort of impossible to do otherwise. I guess the solution would be to do double walls. (Like in real life!)

I saw something called "surface edit" in settings—I wonder what that is?

Having a blast discovering new things. :D

• That's still on our to-do list :saint: Unfortunately it didn't make it into the last update, but we try to get it ready for the next one.

I also saw that when you paint a wall it paints all sides. Darn. But I can understand why that happens, and why it would be sort of impossible to do otherwise. I guess the solution would be to do double walls. (Like in real life!)

Probably we will implement that feature (i.e. the ability to paint all sides individually), but unfortunately I have no ETA for that yet... for now the only solution would be indeed to use double walls ^^

I saw something called "surface edit" in settings—I wonder what that is?

The surface edit mode allows you to move or resize the upper side of an element individually. This allows you to modify the shape, for instance, you could turn a block into a trapezoid shaped element.

It's, however, a bit tricky to work with that tool - and it may be a bit confusing at first. Once the surface edit mode is enabled, the affected side of the element will be colored red. If you now use the arrow keys, you will only move that side (instead of moving the whole block). Using shift + arrow keys resizes that side accordingly (without resizing the rest of the block).

To reset the surface offset/size, press backspace and/or shift + backspace while the surface edit mode is active.

• Oh wow! So with surface editing I could make oddly shaped bricks. As you suggest a trapezoid—and in theory I could build a real arch that should stand up to the physics. Well, that might be a fun experiment to try.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!