Player Height

• Hi Red,

Lovely beards here mate.

player6.jpg

This got me thinking. You could create a height option in the character customization, thereby allowing players to create dwarfs? Short guys, big beards, pickaxe. 8)

Anyway, clearly being a smaller character would entail a smaller collision hitbox making PVP (and PVE) easier for smaller players. However, if you offset this by a max velocity penalty this might work?

Just a thought wish.

• Maybe...

Small=smaller hitbox but walking slower, jumping less high

Taller = bigger hitbox but walking faster, jumping higher

For compensation.

And in more higher tech tier build clothes and equipment that balances these malus again

• A height changable by the player would be nice. A have some old medieval houses with stairs and I have always duck my head. Was before the 1st adjustment of the player size. Half timbered in and out, full furnished and I don't want to build thoses houses twice.

• Lovely beards here mate.

Hehe, thanks :D

This got me thinking. You could create a height option in the character customization, thereby allowing players to create dwarfs? Short guys, big beards, pickaxe. 8)

Being able to change the height of the player would be a great feature, but unfortunately it would introduce a few issues. One problem would be that many animations of the player wouldn't fit anymore if the player has a different size (e.g. using vehicles, sitting on a chair etc)... so if the game offers an option to resize the character (e.g. in the character customization menu), people would consider the game "broken" if they see the mismatching animations...

But that wouldn't be a huge issue IMO if this setting is only available through the plugin API or via commands.

We will think about such a feature and take a closer look at how much work there would be involved to implement it ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!