future vehicle update

• i suggest to create an opportunity build your own car body from blocks for infinity variations appearance in future updates. As well as add correct block for this.

Sorry on errors in text suggestion, i not american.

• As Avanar mentioned, vehicles will be premade models, but they will be definitely customizable to a certain degree :)

However, if vehicles were solely made out of blocks, that would introduce a few issues unfortunately... we have been thinking about that in the past, but decided against it eventually... as Avanar mentioned, animating them would be a huge issue (especially when it comes to more complex animations, like for trains, sailing ships or rowboats).

It would also prevent us from doing certain optimizations regarding vehicle handling, and even from a visual point of view, I'm not sure if vehicles solely consisting of blocks would really fit to the game... While some players would be able to create amazing vehicles (actually some players already did that), this wouldn't be always the case... so some people would probably just stick to a blocky vehicle (consisting of two or three blocks)... that could be a bit awkward in multiplayer :D

Having said that, it will be possible to load custom vehicles through the Plugin API. Since blueprints could be exported to .obj format, you could basically create a vehicle ingame from blocks, then blueprint it and export the blueprint - that model could then be loaded through the API (although it would require a few additional steps, like setting up textures etc) ;)

• Having said that, it will be possible to load custom vehicles through the Plugin API. Since blueprints could be exported to .obj format, you could basically create a vehicle ingame from blocks, then blueprint it and export the blueprint - that model could then be loaded through the API (although it would require a few additional steps, like setting up textures etc) ;)

This is the answer I've been looking for without knowing it. There is always an answer and solution to everything, now happy knowing there shall be a nice workaround in making it happen. Makes me curious to see how well that shall be handled.

I honestly can't wait for when the Plugin API comes around to allow me to make use of that HMCS Haida model. The other developers frustrate the hell out of me so I hope there is an actual logical and rational way of having it implemented again. I need to look into that again just to see what to expect later, it was noted. I need to re-read it over. There has to be a way, I just need to stop spacing out too much and forgetting things.

• Good, 2-3 parts of car already good. But i would like to at least assemble from 5 parts or opportunity to tuning, for example car color or decor such as racecar wing. With last no problem with animations?

Red didn´t mention that it will be just 2-3 parts. I don´t think there are too much detailled plans yet that he would reveal. Best is to sit back and wait some until more infos come up. I am sure that vehicles will be a separate update to come

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!