water doesnt show when im around

• Hmm... there is a bug which causes some water patches to disappear sometimes, but it's weird if so many of them are missing :wat: Did it just happen randomly, or are the water patches always missing around you?

If this happens again, could you maybe send a report? To do that, just open the console and type "report" :)

• The new game graphics are beautiful, however I just though id mention a few issues im getting with the game. The machine im testing on is multi boot. I am getting the same issue with the water as Urshala. The first pic shows an image from the game running on windows 10, the water is displaying as intended. The next 2 pics show the game running under windows 8 where there is a strange bug, when you walk toward the water the chunks dissapear. When you chop the ground with a tool which im assuming refreshes the chunk the water starts displaying again. When you walk away from it then back the chunk of water then dissapears.

In addition to the water bug, the volumetric clouds are failing to display at all on either operating system, The Computer im using to test is a Dell Optiplex 390 with Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz with 8gb Ram. The gpu is a nvidia Geforce GTX 650 with 1gb of memory.

I hope this helps in solving this issue.

• Phillip Thanks for letting us know! We're currently working on a fix for water, although I'm still wondering why it's happening much more frequently on some machines :thinking:

However, I'm not sure why the clouds are missing, although this could be related to the graphics card... does it really just have 1 GB of VRAM? :wat:

• Im my case the water bug was only effected by running the game under window 8, with windows 10 the water displayed correctly. Perhapse its a difference in graphics card drivers or the driver version numbers i have installed. Im betting its something to do with the graphics drivers as steam uses its own Redistributables so the game isnt drawing on the OS's ones.

As for the clouds (which were the most realistic clouds ive ever seen in a game - i cant really put into words how impressed i am with the clouds... they are just the same as real life) I can confirm they were displaying correctly before the update on the 31st. now they are missing on both windows 8 and windows 10 boot options.

I have often wondered about the graphics cards vram, it does seem a bit low to me although it seems to use an additional 1gb of virtual memory as well.

Manufacturer NVIDIA

Model GeForce GTX 650

Device ID 10DE-0FC6

Revision A2

Subvendor ASUStek Computer Inc (1043)

Current Performance Level Level 0

Bus Interface PCI Express x16

Temperature 38 °C

Driver version 30.0.14.7298

BIOS Version 80.07.35.00.38

Physical Memory 1023 MB

Virtual Memory 1024 MB

I have yet to test the game on my main computer as its not set up atm due to house renovations.

• Thanks for the info Phillip ! Also thanks for the report! This looks like a driver issue, in fact the log contains many errors about unsupported shader programs... :wat: This is probably the reason why the clouds are missing...

About the water, however, this is definitely a bug. I'm just wondering why so much water is missing in your case :thinking: Usually this just affects a few chunks. Anyway, the next hotfix will fix the missing water patches. If water will still be missing in your case after the hotfix, please let me know! :)

• Its a 10 year old graphics card wich was from the beginning no realy good.

You realy should think about buying another one.

Its old but still a capable gpu, testament to the fact its running Rising World on windows 10 at an acceptable level even if its without clouds. Not everyone can afford to upgrade their systems and the fact the game does support older hardware means a larger player base which this game needs. So that was the purpose of my report.

I have now set up my main PC and can say everything's is working well on max graphics settings and the graphics are quite spectacular!

• The latest hotfix fixes some issues with missing water (water chunks sometimes disappearing). I'm not sure if this also covers the issue you were having Urshala and Phillip (where large areas of water were always missing) :thinking: Maybe you could give the latest hotfix a try? I'd appreciate any feedback about whether or not water is still missing in your case ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!