Instant Game Crash

• Multiple players have reported that the game crashes instantly after launching it.

The fix for now is uninstalling the game, deleting leftover files and reinstalling the game.

My question is, if all of that fails to fix the issue repeatedly, what other solutions exist?

Is there going to be a hotfix for this and if yes, when can we expect it?

Edit:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)

Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000000000a0

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000001, 0x00000000000000a0

Termination Reason: Namespace SIGNAL, Code 11 Segmentation fault: 11

Terminating Process: exc handler [3411]

• I had this problem as well (at JiW splashscreen, game would CTD).

Instead of uninstalling the game, close Steam, and delete the "_New Version" folder located here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\_New Version

Then relaunch steam and it should re-download the unity version of RW and fix the issue.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• My question is, if all of that fails to fix the issue repeatedly, what other solutions exist?

Is there going to be a hotfix for this and if yes, when can we expect it?

If deleting the game files manually, then reinstalling / redownloading the game again doesn't help, it could be a different error in this case :thinking: To find out what's going on there, maybe post the full log file here - you can find it in the game folder in the _New Version subfolder (there should be a "Player.log" file in the "Logs" folder)

• If deleting the game files manually, then reinstalling / redownloading the game again doesn't help, it could be a different error in this case :thinking: To find out what's going on there, maybe post the full log file here - you can find it in the game folder in the _New Version subfolder (there should be a "Player.log" file in the "Logs" folder)

Hello

I was able to fix the issue temporarily. As soon as I restarted steam, got the same issue again.

I couldn't find a log file in the "_New Version" subfolder. I only have access to the error report atm, although that is likely my fault since I am clueless when it comes to software stuff.

Perhaps, this is a steam launcher issue of sorts?

Thx anyway for helping out, it is very much appreciated.

• I think we have found a workaround for this issue! A new hotfix for this is available now. If you still run into this issue, please let us know! :)

Thank you very much. Fixed it for me as well :D

Time to enjoy the new scenery to me hearts content.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!