[Suggestion] Brick Textures

• Good day, this thread is about bricks.

At this moment we have one really good brick texture in the game (in my opinion) - these diagonal bricks:

All others looks odd to me due to these two reasons:

1. Most of them don't look like realistic brics, they look like a "fake" bricks painting (305, 306, 316, 317, 318, 325, 326). They don't have enough texture variety (they looks very flat), don't have small details, have straight lines and some colors are too saturated (for example 316).

2. Some of them looks more like a stone tiles than bricks (300, 347), probably they should be moved into another category. There are similar materials in stone and marble categories, and they are not labeled as bricks.

The best-looking bricks are 340, they are looking like a thing that you expect to see: like modern bricks made from clay. My suggestion is to add more variants of these bricks: horizontal (like normal bricks), tiles and full block (without mortar, so we can use it to make custom bricks from construction elements). Probably it will be also good to add other good-looking brick textures to add more variety, most of current textures seems to be recolors which is probably not necessary due to element painting system.

Here are some examples of good-looking modern bricks, it will be nice to see more materials like this:

I hope that I'm not the only one user that want to build from bricks, so that's my suggestion :)

• Ich habe letztens für mein Nintendo Projekt, diese Textur selber zusammen gestellt. Vielleicht hilft es dir ja weiter.

I recently put together this texture myself for my Nintendo project. Maybe it will help you. :nerd:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!