Generation of mountains

• Hello everyone, I have a suggestion in my head, which I don't know if it could be done and it is to create a tool for creating mountains.
    It would be the same as what makes the generation of worlds.

• Could you elaborate on that? ^^ Do you mean a creative mode tool (similar to the current terrain tools [F5]) to raise/lower the terrain? Or do you mean a way to import custom heightmaps during world creation?

• Please bear with me, but I still have no idea what that tool would look like :saint:

It sounds a bit like you want to provide custom heightmaps to the world generator, so the world generates an island based on that heightmap?

• I mean it has to have the predefined mountains but with the possibility of modifying it in size, designs and textures.

Basically you can do that ingame with the terrain tools. There are tools to raise/lower terrain, to smooth it or change the texture (painting it). And once the Terra-prints are implemented you will be able to blueprint a mountain (or hill or whatever) and place it somewhere else.

• In the java version you could copy the terrain and transform it, that's fine, but what I mean is having the possibility of creating an environment in which I could decide which biome I want and modify it in every way, height width inclination and rotation.
    I don't know if this is possible, in this way you could make worlds
    Plans that I would later adapt to what you really want.;):crazy:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!