Change player name in Unity standalone version?

• I have both Steam and Standalone versions... in the standalone Java version, I can change my player name, and would like to do the same in the standalone Unity version. When I play Unity via standalone it sees me as a new player on servers, but player name is the same as when I play via Steam, which will confuse everyone!!! Anyone any idea how I can change it please?

And no idea why the standalone Unity version automatically gave me the same name as Steam version!! The UIDs are very different...

• Unfortunately the name setting isn't exposed yet (but it's still on our to-do list), however, you can change the name manually in the config.properties file ;) To do that, go to the game directory (for the Steam version, go to the "_New Version" subfolder), then open the "config.properties" file with a text editor and change the Game_Username field (add your desired name there), then save the file and run the game again. Now the game should use this name instead :)

And no idea why the standalone Unity version automatically gave me the same name as Steam version!! The UIDs are very different...

The standalone uses your forum name by default (while the Steam version uses your Steam name). Names are not unique (players are identified by their UID), so more than one user can have the same name basically ^^

• Hmm tried that, with and without space before the name:

# Ingame name (if empty, the game uses the platform user name)

Game_Username=Sherrina

but still no luck :(

And yes, saved it afterwards, and have tried at least 3 times....

• Sorry for the confusion, it looks like the username is only used by the Steam version, not the standalone :wat: We will fix that with the next update! But I'm glad you were still able to fix the issue in the meantime :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!