linux and RW

• ok, I have a asus vivobook pro 15 with a 16 core amd processor with 16 gigs of ram and a rtx 3050 graphics card with 4 gig of ram. I installed debian 11 and got steam running and installed RW. When I start the unity version and go into settings, the first thing I see is 512gig in red at top of the page for my vid ram. I have checked my system and all 4 gigs of vram is available, so the problem is with the game seeing it. Also, when I go to change settings and save, the game crashes rather than going back to the lobby as expected. If I change settings more then add a little distance to my view and maybe limit my frame rate the game will not start at all and I have to remove the config file to set things back to default. As long as the settings are pretty much at default, the game plays but if I change the filters the game will not start. No matter what, if I press save in settings, the game crashes and has to be restarted.

• On Linux, we get the VRAM amount directly from Unity, so if the amount there is wrong, it indicates that Unity receives wrong data from the OS... tbh, that sounds a bit like a driver issue :thinking: Does the laptop maybe have a second, integrated graphics adapter?

However, if the game crashes, a log file would be very helpful to find out why it crashed ;) You could either send us a report (which attaches the log files automatically), or upload the latest log file here in this topic (or send it via PM to me). If you want to send a report, just restart the game right after a crash (just to the main menu), then open the console and type "report". Alternatively you could just upload the latest log file here (right after a crash) - it can be found in the "Logs" folder in the "_New Version" subfolder in the game directory (there should be a file called "Player.log")

• ok I sent 4 reports. The first 3 are after makeing minore changes to the settings and then saveing where the game crashes and you have to restart it. The 4th report is after a crash while in game playing after makeing the changes to the settings. I also have noticed that it is saying I am useing an AMD vid card with 512 vram. The ingame crash I think may be related to this problem. I am not shure how to get the nvidia card running although when I check the vram available on the comp everything points to it being set up corectly.

• Oh, I'm glad to hear it works now :) Thanks for the reports btw, they indicate that the game was only using the integrated GPU instead of the dedicated graphics card (which was indeed caused by the driver)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!