Questions about animals

• hi, i started a new game, i killed some animals and gutted with knife but i got nothing. am i doing something wrong? then, animals are too much and do not run until you hit them, is there any way to decrease their number and to make them run just when they see you?
    EDIT: i figure out how to decrease animal number. I met a fox that fled when saw me, can i set this behavior to the other passive animals?

and the last question, is there a way to increase the spawning of dangerous animals?

• Hey, I've moved your post to a new topic (because it didn't really fit into the other topic) :) About the knife issue, we've released a hotfix which should fix this issue. But if it still does not work, please let me know ;)

is there any way to decrease their number and to make them run just when they see you?

There is unfortunately no setting for that available, but we want to add some sliders with one of the next hotfixes to change the animal spawn rate^^

I met a fox that fled when saw me, can i set this behavior to the other passive animals?

The only way to change that is to modify the definitions.db file in the Data/StreamingAssets subfolder. You can open it with an SQL editor. The "npcs" table contains all npcs - there is a column "behaviour", if you change it to "Shy", animals will run away ^^

and the last question, is there a way to increase the spawning of dangerous animals?

There are unfortunately no aggressive animals yet, but once they're implemented, we'll think about adding a separate slider for them

• Thanks very much!
    the last question, if i set to "SHY" all animals, will i be able to tame them?

• i would love it if all animals were shy, but to varying degrees. like truly wild animals such as deer, rabbits, and foxes, should flee a good distance as soon as they catch sight of you, but more domestic animals like sheep should just flee a short distance away if you get very close.

i also think boar and moose should attack if you get too close, THEN flee. a middle ground between purely passive and purely aggressive creatures adds SO much realism, and yet so few games do it.

and i figure once taming is implemented, it would probably be done with an item, which would either be useable regardless of the animal fleeing (like a lasso) or would prevent them from fleeing at all while you have it out (like treats/bait)

ich kann nur ein bisschen deutsch sprechen (mehr lesen). fur alles andere, es gibt google translate.

any blueprints i share are free to use however you want (aside from selling them obviously), but i would love to see what you do with them, and be sure to credit me when you share projects that involve my work.

Bitte verlinken Sie zurück zu meinen Blueprint-Threads (oder erwähnen Sie zumindest meinen Namen), wenn Sie Projekte hochladen, die meine Arbeit verwenden.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!