Thank you for the critters!

• I am very happy to thank Red51 for the awesome job on the animal update. I think I have seen every species if not every variety. They are spectacular. A little robotic still, and I saw a cow give birth to the same calf twice! Collision problem, not actual birth, though that would be educational!

I am very much looking forward to collecting eggs and milk from chickens and cows that we have somehow coerced into being our domesticated stock. Maybe we put a collar with a bell on the cows and goats? (The way we put the saddle on the horse in Java.) Not sure how we'll catch wild chickens or bunnies—a trap perhaps?

I suppose we could run cows into a fenced field at this point? Though they aren't really bothered by players at this point.

I had three deer commit suicide by drowning, from which I got steak. All the animals seem to freak out by the the water. That doesn't seem quite right. They should go the water's edge and drink, and moose like to wade.

I am anxious to try the new or improved building commands. Thank you for adding the rotate in control option—that was needed!

I didn't see any mention of the plant/tree growth bug some of us are having, but hopefully that got fixed earlier.

I just created a single player world to explore the animals update, as the MR server was offline for me yesterday. I am anxious to see how it works in MP. Some cooperative herding may be in order!

Kudos to Red51 and his team. :wow::thumbup:

• Thank you so much for your feedback :) I'm glad to hear you like the update so far ^^

I saw a cow give birth to the same calf twice! Collision problem, not actual birth, though that would be educational!

Yeah, unfortunately we had to disable collision between animals before releasing the update :/ It was causing animals to push each other through walls if there are too many animals in a small space...

But we will definitely change that soon ;)

I am very much looking forward to collecting eggs and milk from chickens and cows that we have somehow coerced into being our domesticated stock

This is definitely planned :)

Maybe we put a collar with a bell on the cows and goats?

Oh, that's a nice idea, I will put that on our to-do list :thumbup:

Not sure how we'll catch wild chickens or bunnies—a trap perhaps?

Maybe we will just allow the player to "grab" a chicken :thinking: But having some kind of trap would be also helpful... we'll have to think about that^^

I had three deer commit suicide by drowning, from which I got steak

Oh, that's weird :wat: Basically animals should avoid water... maybe they spawned in the water for some reason? Not sure how that happened...

I didn't see any mention of the plant/tree growth bug some of us are having, but hopefully that got fixed earlier.

We've done some changes in this regard, but unfortunately I was never really able to reproduce the plant growth issue, so I can't say for sure whether or not it's fixed :( But we've expanded the "plantinfo" command: If you now find a plant which doesn't grow, please look at the plant and type plantinfo into console - this provides more information about the current growth stage. Maybe you could also send us a report after using that command :)

• "please look at the plant and type plantinfo into console - this provides more information about the current growth stage. Maybe you could also send us a report after using that command :)"

Thanks. will do. I have been slowly removing plants and replanting, which has worked in some cases. But I will continue to do that and will check on the ones that don't grow—if any occur.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!