What is the best and cheapest way to host my server 24/7 rather than getting an expensive dedicated server?

• Utilization memory etc of the current budget

Age ......... term ....... ? Operating system ......

Auslastung speicher usw des jetzigen budget

Alter ......... laufzeit ....... ? Betriebsystem ......

für rising wo .....

soetwas mit nem alten rechner auch selber vor

something like that with an old computer myself :wacko:8)

• Yeah, run it on an old cheap computer that you never turn off. It doesn't take much CPU or RAM power for the server to run well and it doesn't need to have a GPU.

I built my own server computer a few years ago for ~$700 and its been a beast for hosting multiple game servers on and much cheaper in the long run than renting a remote server.

Green Valleys - PvE Survival - Land Claims/Portals/SetHome - discord.gg/EQ6a9mb

• What is Medieval Realms hosted on?

Yeah, run it on an old cheap computer that you never turn off. It doesn't take much CPU or RAM power for the server to run well and it doesn't need to have a GPU.

I built my own server computer a few years ago for ~$700 and its been a beast for hosting multiple game servers on and much cheaper in the long run than renting a remote server.

Depends. Some older hardware uses a lot more power than newer hardware. What's your server machine's specs?

• Depends. Some older hardware uses a lot more power than newer hardware. What's your server machine's specs?

This is my build, looks like some of the parts have gone up in price since I built it. Estimated wattage is 221W, haven't actually measured it though but doesn't seem to use too much power.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!