Save file/blueprint recovery help (Unity version)

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about the data loss! :/ Steam cloud save is unfortunately only active for the Java version... we can't activate it for both versions because they would interfere with each other :( And we can't disable it for the Java version yet (because it's still the "main game" that's advertised on the store page)... it's a tricky situation...

If wiping the storage wasn't too long ago, you could try to use a data recovery tool (there may be a small chance that some blueprints and world files [it's sufficient if you manage to get at least the Chunks.db file] could be recovered)...

You've also shared some blueprints in our forums in the past, so at least these blueprints are safe: https://www.rising-world.net/search-result/14167/

• Thank you for answering Red! Oops.. I was too busy focusing on building stuffs and forgot about the fact that Unity version is not fully live yet :D and old ssd is in my nephew's PC now. too late :lol:

Well, time to begin new chapter new builds. :monocle:

• Shit. Have the same problem. I even thought on a backup but decided it does not matter, because it will be in steam cloud anyways.

• I think a lot of players rely on the cloud.

It was also new to me that this only works for the main game and not for versions in test/beta branches!?

But whether it's cloud or not, I always back up my folders now and then. I've already experienced save games from other games being destroyed by the cloud.

And that's why I don't trust it anyway ^^

• I'm sorry to hear that you've lost your stuff too Dr_1000 :( Steam cloud indeed does not cover the new version unfortunately... if we enable it for the new version, it won't work for the Java version anymore (which is a bit problematic though, because the Java version is still the advertised "main game" on the store page) :/

Once the Java version had been replaced by the new version, we can finally offer Steam cloud support for the new version. However, I wouldn't 100% rely on Steam cloud... there had been situations in the past where Steam cloud messed up the saved files for some reason. Not sure if this is still an issue today, but as mentioned by SonoBionda , I wouldn't fully trust it ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!