Modular snapping for blueprints

• I have noticed than modular snapping is activated for some blueprints, but not for some others. They are no obvious reason for this behavior. Anybody have an idea to explain this? That will help for building complex structures.

• Snapping works with Enter. If a part won't snap , change the axis. If a part is 1 0.5 1, and won't snap, try 0.5 1 1 or 1 1 0.5. That helps mostly. If you want to snap other blueprints to each other and it won't work, change the position.

• Thx Deidre for the answer :), but maybe my first explanation is not clear enough :

• With a "Blueprint 1" I type "ENTER" and modular snapping work perfectly.
    • With a "Blueprint 2" I type "ENTER" and modular snapping don't work, I have the message "Modular snapping is not supported for this element".

Why that work with the first blueprint and not with the second? How I should transform "Blueprint 2" to gain the access to modular snapping?

• There is no terrain or object inside the blueprint, so it's not the source of this issue.

A little more context about what I try do do. I want to make an upgrade for my roman roof tileset, with more rounded roof, in fact a half hexagonal roof (top view) maybe for a tower or a church apse. To do that, I use temporary blueprint (like the ones on the image) to do some part of the final structure. In the following example, the blueprints are destined to be the hips of this roof module, and "blueprint 1" is a work around to replace the non functional "blueprint 2". But it's not the only case I make a blueprint without a functional modular snapping. The issue seems totally random, and I want to understand the logic under the problem to get that more predictable.

• Modular snapping indeed does not work if the blueprint contains terrain, as suspected by paulevs ... it's weird if your blueprint does not contain any terrain and still doesn't support snapping :wat: Do you mind uploading the blueprint in question here? Alternatively you could send it via PM to me, so I can take a closer look at this issue ;)

• Thanks Deirdre and Red for the help. I have uploaded the files plus another example of blueprint with broken modular snapping.

The length? Maybe, anyway its the best hypothesis at the moment.

• Ozorvals I have tested all the blueprints, they all work for me. But with blueprint 2, too much unnecessary double masonry is created when connecting the roof rows. With blueprint 3, the last row of roofs is also placed twice on top of each other when connecting. The last row should better be removed. I fixed the blueprints before moving them in the smallest grid.

Thanks for sharing your great work. ^^

• Strange. I tested it again, and I still have exactly the same issue. However, yet we know that's not a blueprint problem. It's probably somewhere on my side. I will verify integrity of game files in steam, maybe my game is corrupted.

And yes, optimization is not done yet on this blueprint. Generally it's one of the last steps before publication.

Edit : Game integrity verified, problem persists.

• I'm not sure, if the veryfying on Steam really helps, but I do it too. I have some problems with my blueprints as well and than I clear the game cache and verfy the game on Steam. Mostly that helps. A better result by moving blueprints for me, is to reduce setp to 0.001 and then moving with the grid. Sometimes it works. ^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!