[Request] Replay Camera

• Hii, this is my first post, so, I only been searching for a mod for this game, like the replay mod on Minecraft, with no success.

The idea is do timelapses of the building job in the worlds, with no limits on the site we must want to view, and with posiblity of replay our entire gameplay.

Please, now with the plug in API I think we are more close to the day of that tool be created.

Take it into account, seriously, I know that many of us would like to be able to see our progress of weeks, months and even years recorded on videos.

Greetings friends.

• There is currently a status of how many blocks or steps or climbing a player has made
    However, capturing every stone/plant/terang with its life span on the entire server is too intense in my opinion!

Compared to the Java version, there is already an undo, but it is limited to 5 minutes. Playing time limited but for the entire server

I think a correct replay will not be possible with plugins, I think an area that is set at the beginning could be logged, only when playing I see challenges because the state has to be set in the game world for each "image"

• Well, maybe not with API as it is. A lot is missing. But games just use virtual cameras to render 3D objects onto a 2D canvas.

It may, in the future, be possible to setup a camera(s) facing where you are building and have something similar to the takeScreenshot() method at regular intervals. Creating a time-lapse video.

In the meantime you could always use a second account and then screen capture from that if you want to record a build from a third perspective.

• Basically the API already offers a createScreenshot() method to take a screenshot from the players view. When using a 2nd account (as suggested by yahwho ), you could use the API to create screenshots automatically. Maybe we could also add another method to take a screenshot from an arbitrary position - this would enable you to achieve something similar without having to use a 2nd account (only limitation is that you need to be in proximity of the screenshot position, because the world needs to be generated at this location) ;)

Of course you can only take screenshots that way, no videos - but for a timelapse, screenshots are usually sufficient ^^ So a screenshot-based replay is definitely possible with the API.

• Thanks for the answers friends, I had not thought about the second account, it is a fantastic idea, although provisional. I'll probably try.
    I know it's INTENSE to record something like this, I mean, there are so many things that happen in the game that I know it would be complicated but not impossible. I still think that someone could create a dedicated mod and it would be great because a strong point of this game is the VISUAL, to appreciate our progress and if it is about big worlds... It would be nice to be able to document it. Some time ago on YouTube I found a video of a world in the JAVA version that was like a somewhat large city and I think it was done alone. I think that for those types of big worlds it would be perfect to be able to see the progress through images or videos.

RED, you're right, some screenshots would really be enough for a time-lapse, hopefully they can create what you're saying, an alternative plugin to the screenshot that the game already comes with, and I don't think many have a problem with being close to where it's going to be placed said "camera", since what one wants to capture is what one is going to work on and build.

I have another idea but I don't know if it can be possible to do it:
    Electricity is planned at some point, it would be cool to put "surveillance cameras" (or even handheld video cameras) and have them be 100% functional, both to connect them to a screen or monitor in the game and see what that person observes camera in real time, to take screenshots and record videos at different qualities and export them to a folder on our computer. I know it's a well-traveled idea, but I see it as possible and I think it would invariate the game a bit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!