Server keeps randomly crashing, nothing in the logs

• Hello, since the last game update and possibly since the last update to Yahggigle's World Protection plugin, our server seems to crash at the most random times. Sometimes the last thing in the log is someone destroying terrain but a few times there's been nothing in the log to indicate a possible cause.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing the server crashes? I'm attaching the last few logs from when its crashed. Thanks for any help!

• Nothing obvious in the logs .. i suspect one or more of the plugins you use may be the problem.

Try disabling them one by one .. or disable all and re-enable one by one until you find the culprit.

I'm currently running no plugins ATM ... and very rare I get a random crash. Maybe once a month.

"The past is history, the future a mystery, but today is a gift, which is why we call it the Present."

• Unfortunately the logs indeed contain no information about the crash, as mentioned by Juggernaut :/ This indicates that some native crash occurs apparently, unfortunately this makes it difficult to find out what's really causing it...

It's possible that this is caused by a plugin... unfortunately JNI (Javas interface for communication between Java and native side) just crashes if an error occurs inside a JNI call, which makes it crash-prone if a plugin does something unexpected. This can still be considered a bug in the game, because ideally the game would catch all exceptions and have enough sanity checks to make sure a proper exception is raised instead of a hard crash, but it's difficult to track these errors...

To find out what's going on, you could try to launch the server from command line and redirect the output to a separate log file. It will contain more information than the regular log. To do that, you could just use this command to start the server: RisingWorldServer.exe 1> serverlog.log 2>&1

Unfortunately you no longer see any output in the command prompt and you can no longer enter input commands directly, but all log output will be written to a file called "serverlog.log" in the server directory (please bear in mind that this log file is overwritten everytime you start the server). If the server crashes again then, please upload the serverlog.log file here (or alternatively send it via PM to me) :)

• The world protection i don't use cause it just upset every one how small the cube was

portals i know not causing your crash cause i use them and never had it crash yet

utilities 2 not sure what that one dose so cant help you there

and simplehome i don't know what it dose

but talked to red baron and i think he right it the area plugin that causing your crashing

i was getting a lot bug reports on the server log when i tired to run it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!