Set Gap

• The gap, I mean when you drag a construction element to lay a row of them.

You use + and - keys to set the gap.

The gap comes up at the bottom of the screen, but it's increments are like 0.01 ~ 0.05

So when you want to set the gap to 2.5 (for example) it takes a long time.

Then you have to reset it again (manually with the - key) in order to get the gap back to 0.

I think it depends on the positioning precision (if not then maybe the scaling precision?), so setp

Just tried this Yaromid and you're spot on! :party:

I'm often playing with precesion at 0.01 ~ 0.05 which will explain why the gap, when I was trying to use it, was always incrementing as such low values.

Thanks guys :D:thumbup:

• yahwho You're right. To set a gap with using +/- takes a very long time and there is no way to reduce the gap to standard, i. e. no gap. No key, nothing. The only way is to repeat the steps in reverse. In the Java-version I've always use this feature with pleasure, now in the unity-version only very, very rarely, which is a pity, but the system has become user unfriendly. :(

• In the Java-version I've always use this feature with pleasure, now in the unity-version only very, very rarely, which is a pity, but the system has become user unfriendly

Could you elaborate on that? The Java version used a fixed gap size, there was no way to change the precision for that. We could set a hard coded value for the gap size precision in the new version as well, but I'm not sure if this really improves the situation :thinking:

• Could you elaborate on that? The Java version used a fixed gap size, there was no way to change the precision for that. We could set a hard coded value for the gap size precision in the new version as well, but I'm not sure if this really improves the situation :thinking:

No precision, that's right, but a way to switch to normal with backspace. in the unity-version it's like yahwho mentioned, very very unfriendly to set the gap distance to 0.

• No precision, that's right, but a way to switch to normal with backspace. in the unity-version it's like yahwho mentioned, very very unfriendly to set the gap distance to 0.

So this means you want the precision to be removed and a hard-coded value to be used instead? Idk if that's really an improvement.

The Java version didn't have a way to set the gap size to 0 either, and binding it to backspace may be a bit confusing (considering backspace already resets the rotation/scale).

• So this means you want the precision to be removed and a hard-coded value to be used instead? Idk if that's really an improvement.

The Java version didn't have a way to set the gap size to 0 either, and binding it to backspace may be a bit confusing (considering backspace already resets the rotation/scale).

This is a pity. I never pay attention to scaling when dragging, but adjust the spacing of the gap. So I put fence posts in the gap between A and B and change the distances so that it fits. Of course, a calculated scaling is better. But resetting the gaps to 0 is really tiring. Maybe there is another key combination for that, that would be nice.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!