is there a setting to keep an item from flipping rotation after placing

• so in java version, i could snap the ghost image on a beam and then rotate the element and place the element. after placing the element the new ghost image would stay in the same orientation so i could move the image to new location and place another element. But in unity version, the element keeps flipping back to its original position instead of staying in the position i wanted it to be in. So in images below you can see after i place the element it flips back to the original ghost orientation.

in java it would stay in the placed orientation so i could just quickly move the element over and place another element in the same orientation. This makes building much much slower as i have to reorientate each piece every time i want to place a new one.

Most of the time i have had problems in the Unity version it is because i did not know about a setting somewhere, so i am hoping that there is a setting that can change this behavior back to the way it was in java.

• I had noticed something like that before. What usually helped is to point to the first correctly positioned element and press the Insert key to apply the shape, size and orientation. But it didn't always work either.

• This happens if pivot snapping is active. The game resets the rotation after placing the element if pivot snapping is active, because otherwise it feels a bit awkward if the rotation is kept and you want to snap the element to the newly placed one, for example. It's a bit difficult to compare this with the Java version, because it had no pivot snapping (instead the modular snapping was more limited there and it wasn't even possible to rotate the element while it was snapped to another element).

Having said that, there is indeed a bug: if manual placement mode is active, the game still resets the rotation (if pivot snapping is active). This is not supposed to happen, we will definitely fix that with the next update ;)

A workaround for now (until this gets fixed with the next update) would be to set up the desired rotation first, then enable manual placement (right ctrl) and disable pivot snapping (enter). Now you can move the element manually and the game won't reset the rotation after placing the element.

For the overall behaviour mentioned above (not about the manual placement), IDK if it's a good idea to disable it... it didn't really improve the situation IMHO. We could add an option for this, so we could wait for some feedback about it. If people prefer it, we could make that the new default behaviour.

• red51 The back snapping is terrible. One id the things I really hate. An option without removing pivot snapping would be great. As Gillwin mentioned some different behavior in the Unity, i. e. adjustments slow down the Unity version in contrast to the Java-version. Glad to hear that other people noticed that as well.

• thank you for your response Red51.

Overall i have found the Unity version is far superior to the java version (love ability to expand and shrink bp), but i must admit that it has taken some time to adjust. It is just a couple small things like the one mentioned on this post that could use a bit of tinkering, in my opinion.

The example given on this post is a simple 90 degree rotation, but sometimes i rotate in all 3 planes, so if i want to place this element 20 times down a wall, i have to move the element set rotation, adjust in the y axis, change rotation, adjust in z axis, change rotation, change in x axis, place item (it then resets to original orientation). Slide to next position and redo all the rotations again, and repeat the 20 times. So if fixing the bug you mentioned will help simplify this process then great, but if not i would defiantly vote to add an option.

I love this game and have played it pretty much since it came out. I think you are a great programmer and game designer and I just want the game to be and do great, not only for me but for everyone.

As always thank you for your time and great game Red51

• I don't know if there is a bug, but trying to set a plant accurate in an upright position into a horizontally plant pot, is to fix the plant on the ground and to move it into the plant pot 2 m above. Very cumbersome and time consuming. The plant is changing its orientation continously. Sometimes it works, but most time the plant turns around strangely.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!