Animal Pathing/Stuck Issues

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Animals keep getting stuck in blocks, holes, windows, and everything else. When you mind up terrain they appear to be attracted to the new changes, similar to Minecraft mobs.

- Animals all piled up in a hole while I was terraforming. Chickens done this in another spot forcing me to kill them all to continue with construction.

- Rabbit stuck in a window frame. They also get stuck in blocks, and every other structure.

I wish I took a picture of when chickens were stuck in the hole and when pigs and every other animal were stuck in my shipyard/drydock stairway.

I also have to dig out a level enough terrain for sheep and cows to flee from altered terrain. They still get stuck, but if it's flat enough they eventually find their way.

(I kept forgetting to share this. Now that it's shared I'm now relieved I don't have to worry about noting this issue anymore.)

• The upcoming update will definitely improve the animal pathfinding and collision handling ;) However, this won't necessarily fix all animals which are already stuck at certain positions...

Animals still struggle to walk up stairs. With the next update they should avoid these locations, but if an animal is already trapped somewhere, it might still be unable to escape.

Having said that, if you still experience issues with animals after the next update, please let me know :)

• Ooh thank you - soooo looking forward to that update :)

And thanks Red51 for all your hard work, very much appreciated... yours has been my favourite game ever since I bought it, soon after initial release on Steam... hope you start making money again very soon.... *hugs*

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!