Construction element help

• So i bring up the Construction element and i see like collision on and off and other tabs with different settings. I dont know or understand a lot of them. Is there a video or a page i can read on how all the commands work? I have hit f1 and it tells me some but not all. I have only built in survival mode. So now in creative Im kind of lost.

• So...

if the element is active in your task bar...

ctrl key will hold the object in place without placing it

ctrl key + arrow keys or pgup / dn will turn the element in different directions, depending on the set angle (standard: 15 degree)
    shift key + arrow keys or pgup / dn will extend or shrink the element in the given direction

arrow keys or pgup / dn will move the element so you can maneuver it into the place you desire

in general you can do a lot of settings by holding the C button. A radial menu will pop up allowing you to do several settings.

i.e. the angle your elements will turn

the positioning precision your elements will move when you maneuver them

the precision in what steps you can extend or shrink the element

save some presets that you use more common than others

also important is that:

- with the return / enter key you can activate or deactivate the modular placing. means that any element will automatically dock onto an already set element that you are aiming at. like a magnet
    - pivot points - each element has several pivot points, which make it easier (a lot easier) to build round structures. aim at such a point, use CTRL to hold the element in place and use i.e. ctrl + arrow key to rotate the element. it will rotate around the axis of the pivot point you were aiming at

- with the G key you activate the grid. +/- can make it smaller or larger. the grid is a set "net" of lines on any surface in the world. it allows you to allign walls, etc. in great precision because it eliminates the freedom of placing and hence making it easier to build in straight lines.

collission on/off - i think, but not entirely sure. i never tried that one.

i hope that helps you for a quick start - have fun :)

• So i bring up the Construction element and i see like collision on and off and other tabs with different settings. I dont know or understand a lot of them. Is there a video or a page i can read on how all the commands work? I have hit f1 and it tells me some but not all. I have only built in survival mode. So now in creative Im kind of lost.

Collision on/off means that with collision off, a door disappears into the ground and is not placed correctly on the surface, a block then also disappears almost completely into the ground.

Normally this would mean that a tree couldn't extend into the house, but this couldn't quite be achieved without affecting the game.

Rotation mode means the axis on which your component is rotated.
    Mirroring means allowing a door to open to the left or right or front or back.

With surface processing you can shape your component as desired.

With "commands" in the command line, you can see a lot of descriptions (by using the creative mode).

• Collision on/off means that with collision off, a door disappears into the ground and is not placed correctly on the surface, a block then also disappears almost completely into the ground.

Normally this would mean that a tree couldn't extend into the house, but this couldn't quite be achieved without affecting the game.

Rotation mode means the axis on which your component is rotated.
    Mirroring means allowing a door to open to the left or right or front or back.

With surface processing you can shape your component as desired.

With "commands" in the command line, you can see a lot of descriptions (by using the creative mode).

Thank you, I was wondering why blocks would sink half way into the ground and not stay on top.

Thank you

• :)
    • ;)
    • :(
    • :P
    • ^^
    • :D
    • :verysad:
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • :crazy:
    • :lol:
    • :dizzy:
    • =O
    • <X
    • ||
    • :thinking:
    • :wacko:
    • :/
    • 8)
    • :wat:
    • :huh:
    • :silenced:
    • :wow:
    • 8|
    • :angry:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :hushed:
    • :nerd:
    • :saint:
    • :drooling:
    • :love:
    • :monocle:
    • :poo:
    • :party:
    • :drunk:
    • <3
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: 7z, asset, avi, bmp, dds, gif, jpeg, jpg, json, log, lua, mp3, mp4, ogg, pdf, permissions, png, properties, rar, txt, unitypackage, xml, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!