Littles annoying bugs or missing features

• The point here is not to debate about last update bugs or ask new big features, but more to point out some simple noticeable things who can enhance the quality of the game.

So, that's the list of things I have noticed:

• The seat arrow is not visible in blueprints. The "Seat" object, used to make custom chair and bench, have a green arrow to materialize its orientation when you place it. However, if you include it in a blueprint, the arrow is not visible when you try to place the blueprint. It will be better if we can see it in this situation.
    • Paint tool and color choice on workbench sometime don't give the exact same result. When you craft a block on workbench with some color (eg. #CFBF9F), the result will be a block with this color, but if you paint a block with the same color, you can obtain a block with a very close color (eg. #CFBF9E).
    • Two useful block shapes are missing:
      • "Rounded cylinder". I often use the rounded blocks to make some noticeable stones in building (corners, arches...), but it some case I need a rounded one (gothic arch, central pillar of a helical stair...).
      • "Slope half corner (inverse)". It can be useful to make diagonal slope in alternation with regular "Slope half corner" (one triangle point up, the other down).
    • Wild animals seem to be immortals. Of course, They can suffer a violent death, but never a natural death after some time. On long term server that cause accumulation of animals in some points and blocks the renewal of the population. It will be better if wild animals can die sometime without a player intervention to ensure a better repartition and respawn of the fauna.
    • We can ride a horse at full speed with a broken leg (without splint). It may not be necessary to completely remove this possibility, but some adjustments can be a good idea (necessity to use a splint and/or remove the ability to sprint).
  • Wild animals seem to be immortals.

Hi Ozo,

I can say that from a database point of view, the animal NPCs do all have attribtutes for sleep, age, hunger, thirst etc.

So I suspect Red's aim is for animal to no longer be immortal at some point 8)

I also suspect this will come into play when animal husbandry comes in.

• threw my testing npcs do have a set life span. with npcdeathevent you can write its id to console when they die. i never went as far as seeing how they dies tho. dieng from old age is one of the enums!

• Another minor issue.

On Medieval realm, thanks to Yahwho we sometime have snow on temperate biomes. However, the snow shader might need a slight adjustment: At the water's edge, the snow limit is too close to the water. IRL, waves create a snowless zone just above the water.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!