[Suggestion] Moving Objects / get back resources

• I suggest the addition of a system that allows the player to move/relocate objects that have been placed before without the loss of the resources or even the object itself.
    An example are tables, chairs and workbenches. It would only be realistic to be able to either move them by using a specific system/key or by destroying it via [special] tools and recovering the whole object without the loss of any resources back into the players inventory.

Such a system might not be suitable for all kind of items and objects, but for the ones where it would actually make sense. Tables, Chairs and workbenches should not break nor loose all the resources when trying to move them to another place, while glass and other objects are possible/plausible to break in the process.

I hope you understand my suggestion and I hope we can get a discussion going to hear everyone's opinion and ideas!

• I think removing and replacing furniture and similar items is fine, and should definitely be implemented. I feel we should also be able to remove blocks once placed but they should either remain as the same block that can be re-placed somewhere else, or possibly broken down to recover some fraction of the resource that went into them. I don't think we should get the full resources back from deconstructing items, there should be some sort of wastage involved in the process.

• I would love a realistic system for moving stuff around. Like you want to move a table, so you grab an end and lift it.. if possible you can drag it to where you want, if there is space to do so. Craft a table outside (so you place an item and then craft it to that spot), want to move it inside your house.. better hope it fits in the door. Some things you might need a friend to help you carry. Craft your furnace outside but want to move it.. have to break it down and craft another in the new location. Small stuff you can just pickup and it would go in your inventory... I can dream can't I!!! Would be so awesome.

Anyways, yeah it would be nice to deconstruct stuff and get something back but as RobertL said, just a fraction of it.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!