permission Areas Protection

• Hello everyone

to add permission areas protection players

I looked at the example but I still only have the 3 displayed on the server even if I add other permissions

default permission

},

"area": {

"addplayer": false,

"removeplayer": false,

"setname": false

},

permission Areas

{

"area": {

"addplayer": false,

"canenter": true,

"canleave": true,

"removeplayer": false,

"setname": false

},

Hello everyone

to add permission areas

I looked at the example but I still only have the 3 displayed on the server even if I add other permissions

I tried several attempts but always the 3 by default are displayed

I may have an error name files or not in the correct file location

thanks all:)

• LaTrouTe

Changed the title of the thread from “permission Areas” to “permission Areas Protection”.
  • It's not entirely clear to me what problem you have. :thinking:

Have you added permissions in the permissions.example folder? (they won't be displayed anyway).

the structure of the authorizations is

Permissions/Areas folder

Groups folder

default.json

For example, in the Groups folder there are permissions for admins and players with special permissions.

What is written here in the default.json applies to all players who enter the server.

JSON files for e.g. admins, owners, visitors, teammates... are placed in the Areas folder and then assigned accordingly when an area is created in the game.

The permissions for the area must be in each of these json files

• You have to be careful editting these .json files as if they are changed while the server is running the server will not pick them up. It is best to use a generic editor or notepad and just save it over the file to avoid adding extra textural information being added to the file and the server will ignore it. Best is to make a copy and name the old one backup.json or something. They do need to be in the Areas directory for the server routine to see them. I just had this problem on my server and had to remove the corrupted files, re-edit a back up file and move it to the server Area directory.

• there is a reloadpermissions command just for this

Yes and No on that. I restarted my server which should have reloaded the permissions (I would think) but it did nothing. The files are corrupted and are not seen by the server. I have a different post about this problem. All the files were in the directory but the game only saw that ones that were not adjusted. If they are corrupted by an online save or some fancy text / font crap they are not seen. I had this same experience in the JAVA version servers I ran. The listing of all the files in the directory and the listing in game for an area

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!