Animal Aggression

• I planted a couple of lions in a Colosseum to eat Christians so to speak. I noticed if I spawned in and got near the lions they roared and charged me. If I ran away and came back they were docile and never targeted me again for attack. I even hit them with a hammer and they ran away like cows. Is this a bug or is there some way we can keep the aggression on? I logged out and immediately relogged in and they began the same sequence of attack when they saw me and docile if I left and returned.:?:

• I planted a couple of lions in a Colosseum to eat Christians so to speak. I noticed if I spawned in and got near the lions they roared and charged me. If I ran away and came back they were docile and never targeted me again for attack. I even hit them with a hammer and they ran away like cows. Is this a bug or is there some way we can keep the aggression on? I logged out and immediately relogged in and they began the same sequence of attack when they saw me and docile if I left and returned.

if your admin they will run away, if your using the api to place them you can make them alerted and stay that way.

• Hostile animals (like lions) should always keep attacking you (even if they lost focus), unless:

• Creative-mode is active (then animals will never attack you)
    • You just spawned (there is a spawn protection for a few seconds)
    • The animal was frozen/locked (through the "locknpc" console command)
    • The animal behaviour was changed through the API
    • Another player in multiplayer is closer to the animal

Other than that, I'm not aware of situations where animals ignore the player :wat: Did it happen in singleplayer or multiplayer?

• if your admin they will run away, if your using the api to place them you can make them alerted and stay that way.

Well I am always an Admin but they do attack me when I first log on. I am using the in game command line ` placenpc lion2 or lion <blank>

This is on a multiplayer server. It is possible that was in creative mode as very often I am in GM1. I will retest.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!