Volunteer Work

• Good morning. I know that development can be costly and time-consuming, so I wanted to ask if your team ever brought in volunteers. I would love to help out anywhere I could if it meant helping get the next version out. I'm not an expert by any means, but I do have a couple of decades with different programming languages and data architecture and system development.

• I'd rather see him start a gofundme or something like that to help raise some more funds so he can get more models, etc. he needs to help his work along.

"Volunteer work" always ends up being more of a nightmare pain in the ass than it ever is of any benefit, even with the most well intentioned people.

• That's a fair point.... and I'm sure with the support and following the game has, it wouldn't be too difficult to hit a target. 3D modeling, and graphics in general, always take an abundance of time.

• That's a fair point.... and I'm sure with the support and following the game has, it wouldn't be too difficult to hit a target. 3D modeling, and graphics in general, always take an abundance of time.

I'm not sure if Red uses it or not but a lot of game devs that use Unity for the more realistic looking games use something called SpeedTree and then you can buy 3D models optimized for it. Even something like a 3D model for a cattail costs 20 dollars and hiring a 3D artist to make the same thing would cost even more for a one off.

That can really add up and wish there was a way other than just buying more copies of the game to help out with that, but Red still being able to maintain the quality, etc. so personally I think a donation thing would be the best solution.

• I like the goFundme idea, and have already talked to red51 on the subject of help, as he said it can take more time getting someone new upto date with all the code it's just not worth it unfortunately.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • In my opinion, the best volunteer work is done by supporting the games online presence.

Posting on social media, starting a facebook group, discord group, youtube videos, twitch videos, developing plugins, fansites, content writinging for the wikis I believe there is a german one (URL?) as well as an english one I setup but really don't have the time to write stuff on (https://wiki.rising-world.co.uk).

This kind of support work also means you can drop in and out as your rl demands. :D

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!