Continual Blueprint Saving lockup.

• Two questions:

1) How many blueprints do you have saved?

2) Have you tried temporarily moving some of the blueprints out of the blueprint folder to see if that solves the issue?

---------

I'm not sure if it's still the case or not, but Unity used to have issues once you got to a certain amount of blueprints in a folder, much like steam tends to do when you have too many workshop items subbed for a single game.

• So I have had the problem in two different directories one with quite a few BPs and one with only about two dozen. It is on an Solid State drive so I should not have this issue. It never gets to the name the blueprint screen just starts a little wheel type icon says saving. It is just stuck in neutral. It seems to correct itself if I relog by using the Steam Stop button to get out of the game.

• So I have had the problem in two different directories one with quite a few BPs and one with only about two dozen. It is on an Solid State drive so I should not have this issue. It never gets to the name the blueprint screen just starts a little wheel type icon says saving. It is just stuck in neutral. It seems to correct itself if I relog by using the Steam Stop button to get out of the game.

sounds like too many / too many large blueprints in a folder. Could also be the blueprint system isn't unloading them from the system memory eating into the memory and causing it to not want to save more. I'm assuming you already did the whole verify files thing just to make sure that's not an issue.

• Ok well I will fool with it. Seems weird but the only place I am making and saving them is online public server so I thought it was something to do with communication on the server trying to write it to my local disk. Could be a Steam thing too.

• I have nearly 3000 blueprints in use. The loading time is the problem, the more blueprints the longer it takes to load, not the saving time, except terrain blueprints. Saving on a server could take longer.

Rising World is installed on a SSD drive.

• When saving a blueprint, the save-request is sent to the server first (in multiplayer). The server then decides whether or not the player is allowed to create the blueprint, which elements are to be included etc, and send this back to the client - then the save indicator goes away and a save dialog shows up where you provide the name etc for the blueprint (only then the blueprint is actually stored on your hard drive).

If the save indicator does not go away, it indicates that the client didn't receive a response from the server (or something else went wrong) :thinking: A report would be indeed helpful to find out what's going on there (as mentioned by Deirdre )

• When saving a blueprint, the save-request is sent to the server first (in multiplayer). The server then decides whether or not the player is allowed to create the blueprint, which elements are to be included etc, and send this back to the client - then the save indicator goes away and a save dialog shows up where you provide the name etc for the blueprint (only then the blueprint is actually stored on your hard drive).

If the save indicator does not go away, it indicates that the client didn't receive a response from the server (or something else went wrong) :thinking: A report would be indeed helpful to find out what's going on there (as mentioned by Deirdre )

Well that settles it as a communication from the server to my client not a save issue to a directory. The error is always before the naming window. Unfortunately it is only intermittent but and when I am building which I will check next time I have the issue to see if I run this report thing. It is the first time I heard of a report feature after having to force crash the game.

• angriff I don't know if it's your server or not.
    Please have a look at your permissions like showing in the screenshots. Language is German but I think that's doesen't really matter.

Some servers have a limitation on setting blueprints.

Hey I appreciate your continual commenting. It is a bit like beating a dead horse like but for others I suppose it could be relevant

RED51 has correctly interpreted and commented on the symptoms as being a server / client communication issue. The lock up never shows the command box for naming the blueprint and it never sends an error that you have placed too many. It sits there spinning its little thinking icon until you get a program not responding error. Again it is so intermittent lately and I have not seen it since they moved my server to new equipment. We may never see it again.

Thank you for your helpful attention and interesting comments. I partly hope I get it again so I can get a report to help but the other part of me hopes it has gone for good with the public server service moving to new equipment.

• To be honest, i don't feel like offering unnecessary help. A little more information by creating a post would be helpful, so that unnecessary answers can be excluded in advance.

Wether it's a singleplayer game or multiplayer and wether the player is the owner of the server can help. ;)

• Sorry I rarely go anyplace but my own server and don't even pursue blueprint rights on other's servers. But in reality it should not have mattered as the programming activity is similar with maybe the exception of single player. Your help was not unnecessary and certainly would be helpful for anybody that is searching the forums for help on any of the solutions your offered.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!