Permissions in Unity

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.1 (2024-09-02)
  • It has been awhile since I ran my server. I updated it to Unity and seem to be having a bit of an issue where to put the admin permission json when I make changes. Do I put it with the old jave base permissions folder or?

Thanks more to follow I am sure.

THIS IS MORE.

So I guess the upgrade did not change the permissions to the json's extensions.

The server I use has an example for the admin permissions.

My question now is where do you put the admin ID at?

Okay So I found out you put the admin ID in the server properties.

My permissions are all ending in json.

I am running my server as survival, as admin of course I would like to have godmode etc.

In my admin.json both under creative and general it is set for god mode. HOWEVER in the game I do not have god mode.....

DEATH AND DESTRUCTION PVP
    192.154.229.151:4255

Edited 2 times, last by icon58 ().

• Sorry for my late response! The old Java permissions are indeed no longer compatible with the new version... The server is shipped with an example permission folder ("Permissions.Example"), but if the Java server was installed before, the old Java permissions folder still remains. In this case, it's either recommendable to either delete the server (and all files) first, then re-download the Unity server, or alternatively delete the permissions folder and download new permissions from here: Permissions [New Version]

The linked topic also contains an overview of all permissions for the new version ;)

When it comes to admin permissions, please bear in mind that actual admins (i.e. all admins added to the server.properties file) are not affected by permissions by default (admins always have full permissions by default). To change this behaviour, you have to set Permissions_AdminsFullPermissions to false in the server.properties file (but make sure to assign a proper permission group first, otherwise you may no longer be able to execute commands).

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!