Ping Perfect Server is losing connection several times a day since the update

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Our server is still up 7 hours later with people using the server...if the server has not thrown people off in the next 24 hours then this suggests the problem has to do with an Area Protection plugin that we have being using for over 6 months.

Modded Rising World 2024

Now running : 100 Player Game Server With My New Modded Rising World

• It appears the Area Protection plugin may have started having issues with the new update end of August.

Red.... did you have area protection included somewhere in Rising World.... I thought I saw something about it a few years ago?

Modded Rising World 2024

• There is indeed a built-in area protection (which is directly connected to the permission system): You can create areas in creative mode using the F9 tools. You can then assign a "default" permission to that area (which affects all players which enter the area) and/or player-specific permissions. This way you could, for example, forbid all destructive changes inside that area, but only allow it for certain players you assign to the area.

This topic contains more information about the built-in area protection: Area Protection [New Version]

And this topic provides more information about the permissions: Permissions [New Version]

Right now there are two limitations though: Players cannot "claim" existing areas yet (this means the admin has to create and setup areas for players), and there is no proper way for players to create their own areas (you could allow the "create" permission in the "area" section of the player permissions, but that's not a proper solution yet).

So if it's ok for you that the admin has to setup areas for the players, the built-in tools basically cover everything you need ^^

• Thanks Red........ I do remember being on old servers back in the day and the admins there telling me to pick an area and they will create a huge protective area around my area....... never knew how they were doing that.

Will look further into it and see what I do on the server.......

Modded Rising World 2024

• Thanks Red........ I do remember being on old servers back in the day and the admins there telling me to pick an area and they will create a huge protective area around my area....... never knew how they were doing that.

Was ist in the Java version? The Java version had no built-in area protection at all unfortunately, so anything there was either done with a Lua script or a plugin^^

If it was in the new version, it was probably also a plugin. There is unfortunately no area self-claim in the game yet (but it's on our to-do list) ;)

• Was ist in the Java version? The Java version had no built-in area protection at all unfortunately, so anything there was either done with a Lua script or a plugin^^

If it was in the new version, it was probably also a plugin. There is unfortunately no area self-claim in the game yet (but it's on our to-do list) ;)

I saw where you had replied that this is something I can do on the server in creative mode but is bnot something other player can do.....

Doing some testing to see if allocating more memory to plugins in server.properties fixes the issue with Area Protection.

Modded Rising World 2024

Edited once, last by RunAndHideGamer ().

• Not sure if this has been fixed.... don't think anyone has been on the server in a few days except Yahgiggle yesterday.

Changed this line in server.properties which I believe has fixed the problem.

# Amount of heap memory (MB) for the Java VM. Default: 1024

Plugins_Memory=4096

Modded Rising World 2024

• I ruled out the Area Protection plugin as the server dropped the connection many times without the plugin being installed.

Restored the definitions. dB file and am modifying and testing each change to the file.

I modified the textures for the grass biome and the server was fine.

I then looked at how many lions, elephants, zebra, etc were in the world and there were a lot of zebra for some reason......... turned down the settings so for the animals herd would be between 1 and 2 in number.

So far the server seems to be holding.

I know wolves were added in the end of August update and will add them to the grass biome and test them today.

Modded Rising World 2024

• I have setup another server today to try and prove whether the issue I have being having for 15 days can be locked down to being an issue with the PingPerfect server.

So far no issues with the non-PingPerfect server.

Modded Rising World 2024

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!