We Have Replaced the RunAndHideGamer server with a new server without the errors.

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • We had our original server for 7 months but for some reason it did not like the new update of Rising World released 4 weeks ago and threw players off until a server restart occurred.

The original server will reach the end of it's service in 5 days.

We have a new server with a new provider which has gone "live" 20 minutes ago called Moonlight Over Africa.

When you go one this server you will spawn next to an old building beside a large lake and have spawned in the middle of a large forest.

There are wild animals in that forest so be careful as you head off looking for your new home.

Now "Live " : RunAndHideGamer's Modded Rising World Multiplayer Server : Rise Of The Nightwalkers.

You are stranded on one of the many islands in the Pacific surrounded by wild animals and savage barbarians.

You start in the middle of tall dry grass surrounded by a huge number of trees.

An Important Safety Tip - Get some weapons as early as possible. =O =O =O :wat: :wat: :wat: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

• Drums of Africa??? At least thats what I played yesterday, for a few hours. This morning, that is gone, all my work lost. And now you have another one - pacific island or something!!! Not exactly player friendly to keep creating servers that people play on, only to have everything lost... :(

• Drums of Africa??? At least thats what I played yesterday, for a few hours. This morning, that is gone, all my work lost. And now you have another one - pacific island or something!!! Not exactly player friendly to keep creating servers that people play on, only to have everything lost... :(

What to do if the server provider can't get the software to work properly?

And in general is a risk of you play on servers. No guarantee that your buildings survive a reset.

But you might ask to get permission ti create blueprints and copy your buildings

• What to do if the server provider can't get the software to work properly?

And in general is a risk of you play on servers. No guarantee that your buildings survive a reset.

But you might ask to get permission ti create blueprints and copy your buildings

Avanar, if it had been just that, I understand - but from what I could tell, Drums of Africa was working fine with no issues... several of us were on, happily building etc. But this morning, it was a different server/ world completely (although obviously one by Run and Hide Gamer)... no explanation, or reason that I could see to have reset.... and yes, I know it is a risk with servers, and accept that. I have no problem with that at all.

Just seemed strange that the other one disappeared overnight *shrugs*.

• Well, hardly without explanation. This post here was done 3 days ago.

Maybe RnHG will tell more about it :)

Yes, I know - the new server was up and running, and several of us were playing on it.... then that disappeared this morning to be replaced by another.... so, we had a new server that RnHG told us about, were playing it, only for it to go and be replaced, it seems, by another one.... with no warning.

• For over a month we were having issues with the Pingperfect servers after the new update came out.

Then there were issues with the Drums of Africa server and it needed a server rest...........

The server is now stable and is called Rise of the Nightwalkers and will not have a reset.

To this day I have no idea why the server I had been running since March did not like the new update Red put out end of August.

Now "Live " : RunAndHideGamer's Modded Rising World Multiplayer Server : Rise Of The Nightwalkers.

You are stranded on one of the many islands in the Pacific surrounded by wild animals and savage barbarians.

An Important Safety Tip - Get some weapons as early as possible. =O =O =O :wat: :wat: :wat: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

• Ah ok, thanks for the explanation... I will try out the new server later today :)

• Assuming you were using plugins with your server, chances are one or more of them were conflicting with code changes / additions that were in the August update. If that's the case and based on the roadmap for Rising World - Unity, that's going to be an ongoing issue as it's only about half way through the alpha stage.

I'd suggest making sure all of your members have blueprints permissions and informing them to create / update blueprints of their builds on a regular basis.

• Ah ok, thanks for the explanation... I will try out the new server later today :)

Sorry for the issues.... I still do not know what was causing the issues with the PingPerfect servers I was using but I have tested the new server provider and we do not have any of the issues that was been seen in the last 4 weeks.

• Assuming you were using plugins with your server, chances are one or more of them were conflicting with code changes / additions that were in the August update. If that's the case and based on the roadmap for Rising World - Unity, that's going to be an ongoing issue as it's only about half way through the alpha stage.

I'd suggest making sure all of your members have blueprints permissions and informing them to create / update blueprints of their builds on a regular basis.

No... It wasn't any plugins......... the server would crash even with no plugins installed..... something in the new update end of August that Ping Perfect did not like...

By the way flying is enabled on the new server.

• No... It wasn't any plugins......... the server would crash even with no plugins installed..... something in the new update end of August that Ping Perfect did not like...

If there was an incompatibility with one of the plugins you had been using and the new update that could have corrupted your server world files and it would crash it even with the plugins disabled / removed. It was mentioned that you started a new server on a new provider and then had to restart another new one on the new server, so sounded like more than just a server service provider issue.

Either way the advice of telling your users to frequently create and update blueprints still holds because of the game being early access in the alpha stage and there's still a lot that Red has to implement / modify that will potentially cause issues with servers, plug-ins, etc. as he develops.

• Thank you, very helpful :) Would be nice if we kept inventory as well when we died, but at least if I get attacked I can fly away now!!! Thanks for the interesting server, btw, it makes a change from the normal ones, even if it is hard! :)

Have left a post on Steam for Red to look at as all the config settings show that inventory should be saved when you die.

• Thank you, very helpful :) Would be nice if we kept inventory as well when we died, but at least if I get attacked I can fly away now!!! Thanks for the interesting server, btw, it makes a change from the normal ones, even if it is hard! :)

Have spoken with Red and made some changes on the server which now fixes this.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!