decorative blocks

• I wonder if there are any plans for decorative corner blocks, stairs etc. I (for some reason) had thoughts of a gargoyle block, which is slightly 3d on one side, so you can place it onto buildings, and create decorative features. There could even be a few different expressions selectable with the arrow feature on the block creation screen.
    This could fall into the modern era stuff as well though, so you could have decorative cylinder 'blocks' for porches ( with ivy growing up?) just more detailed blocks.
    I absolutely love the textures of the existing blocks and things, but think maybe they deserve to be taken a little further perhaps. judging by how the devs are just crunching away at the updates, i have confidence that something similar is planned anyroad.

• The post about Red adding more block types might be it. I would still vote for decorative statue blocks and the like. Things like more corner blocks 'might' be planned for the next update Red has going so going to loosely word this.

I recommended we should be able to make customized statues because statue types stand to bland out fairly quickly in these types of game. We should be able to basically copy our appearance onto the statue with it logging it like posters. Not sure how Red can do it as I can't program for the life of me, though I can suggest it for the longevity of the game for deeper customization options. He showed interest and I hope he adds at least this in the end for the people, not just me.

Decorative cylinder blocks would be nice, as with any other shapes, bits, and pieces. I have faith in Red on this, more so after reading the message about adding more block types after the food & before the farming update (for future reading) I'm fairly confident that Red shall deliver.

• Apologies for the double-posting....I just wanted to sneak in an image through the attachments to ask if we could also have "neon" lights, if there isn't any yet. I remember my trip in Europe back in 2008 there was this neon-lit grocer that I spotted in the early hours at 4-6 am when heading back to Bratislava from Croatia on a bus, thus the horrid blurriness. Even saw very faint and softly lit blue-neon lit lights also. Having lights and neon-lights as pillars & signage would be neat, or so I found. Too bad the image is blurry. I don't even know where this neon-lit mini-grocer is when heading from Croatia -> Yugoslavia -> Slovakia (Bratislava side).

I'm also posting this here because it has a large German following that may also - A) use this as inspiration in their builds B) Find this interesting because they love building their German styled builds C) Maybe even ID this damn mini-grocer with fancy lights in western Europe. I guess if you know where this is you can PM me if it's many months down the line or so with this post being that dated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!