Server Restart

• I noticed when I was reading the server setup guide that you're supposed to reboot the server least once a day. I was curious why and is there any way to prevent inventory for being dumped every time you restart the server.

• HI,
    so it is an eraly access game ! When you host a server and have a look on the console you will see that there are after some time ( when players on your server) some errors will show up

I am useing the LUA script World edit, if you do so and remove big parts of the world all players will have grafic errors.
    after a reboot all is fine

so I reboot my server 2 to 5 times a day, depents when players have problems

cu
    Vossi

• this has been talked about before world edit is a cpu hog so dont use it to much just do one part then give it 5 min or so then do another

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Actually I was wondering, if there is a way to automatically restart the Server.

I'm Hosting an MC Server for several years now and feel comfortable with all the stuff available for MC.

Maybe there is something automatically restarting the Server in a certain period already available??

Thanks for your reply and greetz!!

Rob

• i do it this way

@Echo off
    :LOOP
    java -Xmx2048m -jar server.jar
    timeout /T 70
    Goto LOOP

every Admin can do "shutdownserver"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!