Roofing Style Blocks, and game direction.

• I'm thinking that this could be added at any point in the game's development really, but pretty please can we have some new ramp styles which represent roof tiles and even hay/ thatched roofing. I see a lot of medieval-style builds, and they look absolutely awesome. I just think that giving us some actual roof-specific textures, would be a really brilliant thing to do. I would love to see loads of tile types of different colours, and a few variations of thatched roofing, and perhaps a few unique ones from the guys' imagination.

I think overall, the game need more things from imagination. if it's all about the real world, then it'll lose its appeal for most players very quickly in my opinion. Please don't get me wrong! I absolutely love the game, and where the devs are taking it, but i'd really love to see a lot more imagination thrown into it, rather than things which are expected in reality.
    I'm just saying that, probably, 70% more players would buy this game if there was some kind of imaginary/ fantasy edge to it. It doesn't have to be super over the top dragons and knights riding flying unicorns into haunted forests full of demons who throw their own heads at you. I just think that it can still be ultra realistic, but it need that extra something to make it truly interesting. haa!

BTW-I am aware that the physical appearance of the please makes no difference. Haaa!

• I agree. I would love different roofing options too such as thatching. An option would be scythe grass and collect the cuttings for thatching and making it using the workbench or saw bench.

• Oh! Those old viking structures with the hay & straw roofs. Same style for Asian themed builds (this including Middle-East styles). If we can have those, if not in there, that be perfect.

I also agree that the game needs more fun from imagination. It needs to let loose, have fun, and to stretch its feet every so often. Luckily Red is considering making a fantasy biome(s), maybe even floating ore to populate that biome also. Things like fun mini-games in a computer object, entities that build mini-structures, and non-cookie-cutter entities. Things purely from the mind, Subnautica style of fantasy. Things like biomes reacting in a specific way with tree glowing, humming, and even 'celebrating' in the way our trees do per season. Having floating entities hovering, even bringing you necessary supplies within these 'fantasy' biomes, or even dandelion seeds type floaters to allow you to explore more biomes in the sky.

• Clay tiles sound like they could be amazing, and could give me another resource to hunt down in the game world; especially if they also came with a potters wheel, kiln, and other awesome clay shaping tools. Roofs aren't the only spot I'd use them either, tiled walkways, tiled murals on walls, clay brick roads . . . :)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!