Grass Thoughts

• Well, seeing as how Red plans to add seeds & grass blocks I've been thinking about people's strong desire to not have grass grow back. I say that it should in that bit of Minecraft style. It should grow back, but more in weeds and such forcing you to weed them out to replace with grass seeds. It should also be biome specific, whatever that may mean to weeds and growth rate.

For those worried about having their dirt paths grown back on may want to suggest a spray bottle to kill plants from spawning. Basically have a spray bottle object, fill it with whatever fruit+vegi liquid you can, then spray the cleared grass from it. With that, the grass should stay clear of both grass & weeds. Even those tall grasses & biome-specific plants...Or so I'm suggestion. If you want the grass to grow then spray water then plant the grass seed and watch it gradually grow......

1) Grass should grow back, weeds should grow with higher chance, and biome specific rates for both.
    2) Having a spray bottle to spray fruits & veggie mix (or some other more appropriate mix) to keep the grass from growing at all. A one-time use. To clear just spray water.....

Maybe this is too much, or too simple. I'm simply trying to suggestion that would please everybody, thus me recommending this...I really do want to see grass reclaiming disturbed areas but people keep stressing that they don't want their pathways to disappear. I'm simply hoping what I suggested made sense and that it's a nice middle-ground to work with.

• Arcticukitsu- i love your ideas of weeds and things, and the biome specifics. Really thoughtful, Friend. I just wonder if it would be simpler to merely have things this way...
    You cut grass with the scythe, and grass seeds fall onto the ground. (Perhaps 25% chance?)
    You plant the grass seeds where you want grass. If you don't want grass, you go,"grass seeds? pah!" and move on. Everyone's happy, and the choice is there for both sides. I'm perhaps being a bit basic, as Rising World does deserve complexity too, but it's realistic as well. haa!

• Contemplating your Grass Ponderings Arcticukitsu, i would love to see other types of grasses available as seeds. Such as...

Dandelions
    Clover (could be a 5% chance of getting a lucky clover which grants 10% faster growth of plants and trees. But 40% chance of a Leprechaun pinching it from you during a sleep cycle)
    Heather
    Daisies

• I guess that's the way to go in the end, by simply scything the tall grass to gain seeds & to just replant when it's done. That's how it's done, so I guess that's how it'll be. Then you still have the issue of weeds so I guess that spray idea still stays. I do hope people won't mind dirt paths weeding up so you can scythe them up for the seeds in your second posting. That idea of yours should work :thumbup:

The ACNL & Minecrafter gardener in me does actually want to see Dandelions, Clovers, Heather, Daisies, and all sorts of foreign weed flower-plants in this world. Even weeds have beautiful flowers that I'd love to plant them around. Some are insanely tiny though....Having those grow on dirt areas should be fun, even in normal grassy areas.

This also making me wonder if invasive species plants should be added also...I believe one is 'Hog Weed' that should harm all living entities as it does in the real world. Anything that I see along the Ottawa (Canada) bike-paths I'm considering to be 'grass'.

• Definately weeding up dirt paths, and maybe even block paths as they do in real world situations. No actual damage to the blocks a s such, just growing over the top, so you have to, like you said Arcticukitsu, scythe them up. Y'know, i'd actually welcome weeds to cover over my garden paths a little bit, because it would add to the realism wouldn't it. haa!

• Contemplating your Grass Ponderings Arcticukitsu, i would love to see other types of grasses available as seeds. Such as...

Dandelions
    Clover (could be a 5% chance of getting a lucky clover which grants 10% faster growth of plants and trees. But 40% chance of a Leprechaun pinching it from you during a sleep cycle)
    Heather
    Daisies

good point, and also honey bee's and hornets. Already hear those pesty blow flies lol

• The tall wild grass is beautiful, but it seems like it's just there to be looked at. I'd like to see some ability to gather grass and weave it into wickerwork furniture, grass skirts, rugs, etc . . . Long strands of plant fiber could also be an important component for spears and other stone age tools, and for Tiki Torches.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!