Star Wars 'Open World'

• While stumbling through YouTube I came across some news videos of EA Canada working on an 'open world' Star Wars game. If so, this should be awesome if they make it as free as the Star Wars Galaxies MMO, just in a more modern manner and take. Star Wars: Empire at War, just in a more vast & fun RPG manner of things. If it's a 'theme park crap' (*cough*SWTOR*cough* then I'm losing more and more respect for the North American gaming studios. The wording has been also clear that this is a project next to the next-gen Battlefront game.

EA Canada is making an open world Star Wars game while being a mystery project of its own......

Please! For the love of god, would you stupid Canadian & American gaming companies please heavily inspire from Star Wars Galaxies & KOTOR by making this 'open world' ACTUALLY OPEN! The fun in the whole thing is exploring on your own while taking up randomly generated missions and such while not being in a damn linear gameplay. That's what made SWG fun. Learn this already! Europeans & Japanese are trying to do this also, yet we North Americans are stuck in a linear pile of crap! Look at Star Wars Galaxies with the Jump to Lightspeed expansion! Merge, modernize, and make it a proper free-roam game! These North American gaming studios constantly making the same mistakes with me & other gamers constantly getting burned >_<

Hoping with Rising World maturing enough that we can try and consider adding in Star Wars vehicles & such to pick up where EA Canada might fail. My confidence in them (EA & EA Canada) right now is at a low point right now....I'd say 20% confidence. I'd be happy with an AT-AT or an AT-ST in Rising World at the least.....

[Note: Sorry, no sources because it's being kept as a mystery game by EA Canada.....I can't find anything relevant. Sorry for being late to the party also.]

• sounds like fun Friend! Flying around the galaxy in a little player-made ship, looking for a planet you like the look of. It'd be pretty sweet. haa!

• I hope it's both real & a fun concept. I've been burned too many times that I don't have faith in EA (USA or Canada). If we can indeed fly around on a whim by doing what we want (Star Wars Galaxies) then my faith shall be restored. If we can even build homes & etc then that be even better. I enjoyed building homes, taming native creatures, even mining ores.

• It is not exactly Star Wars, but its worth to try... Empyrion - Galactic Survival.... In this form of freedom Canadian open SW will never be...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!