Dream

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • Last night, near the end of a dream I was having, I was walking down this hallway. Suddenly, I felt my body floating and I passed through the ceiling and eventually found myself flying high up in the sky. I heard the "sunrise" music from Rising World playing in my mind as I was flying over a real mountainous terrain with tall pine trees, a true generated terrain in Rising World. I spotted patches of ore here and there. What was interesting is how as I flew into the sunrise, the horizon "loaded" in chunks as if it was loading in a computer, not a smooth horizon like in real life. ;) I eventually flew down to a coal patch, somehow made a pickaxe appear in my hand and began to pick away at the deposit. I picked up a chunk of coal and held it up high.

Heh.. First time dreaming about Rising World. I remember a few years ago when I started to play Minecraft, I began to have dreams about that as well. I dreamed of standing on top of a snowy mountain made of blocks with the moon high above :)

• Having dreams about these sorts of games are easy when one is being all creative in this game. When you build & live in your world you tend to take it in

I had numerous Minecraft ones where I was viewing some epic underground settlement (think those in Star Wars ep 1 during Podracing along cliffs & ravines) which made its way upwards onto the surface. Then I had loads of dreams about rebuilding on my main Minecraft map with my friends, then more with trains, snowy terrain, among other. Was mainly about my settlements which had my settlement, my friends, and one more. Even going undergound at times, and even once having a Pixelmon mod in my dream where you could see chunks & Pokemon roaming about from one of those radars seen during the first Death Star assault from Yavin. That open sensor/radar where you see objects in 3D sphere and such.

I believe I had one or two dealing with Rising World, probably vague now. I do know I did dream of Rising World, as with Lego Worlds. I'm sure I'm going to dream of trains & horses, among all sorts of Rising World mechanics.

• Think those in Star Wars ep 1 during Podracing along cliffs & ravines

I'm sorry. But I do not know this Star Wars Episode 1 film of which you speak. George Lucas toyed around with a script for such a film in the early 90s. The only Star Wars movie which George Lucas was the primary director of was Episode 4 (originally just "Star Wars" in 1977). Irvin Kershner directed Episode 5 and 6 (which were incredible films). No prequels exist and I'm looking forward to see what J.J. Abrams does with Star Wars. What he did to Star Trek was horrendous but I feel he is more suitable for directing a proper Star Wars film. December 18th is just around the corner. If he does a good job, then perhaps some day in the future there will be an Episode 1. Only then will I understand this vision of cliffs and Podracing of which you speak.

That aside, I'm glad to know that others have dreams of Minecraft and now Rising World. Once Biomes and water are in place, I'm hoping to see some improvements to cave generation. The idea of underground settlements have always intrigued me. Have you ever played Myst Uru? That game allows you to explore the underground ruins of the Dn'i civilization. I've always dreamed of expansive caverns with oceans, similar to that in Journey To The Center Of The Earth. I'd love to see a world such as that in Rising World someday. I hope Red has some plans to implement underground water caves at some point. If we get something similar to Glowstone in Minecraft then even better :)

• I'm sorry. But I do not know this Star Wars Episode 1 film of which you speak. George Lucas toyed around with a script for such a film in the early 90s. The only Star Wars movie which George Lucas was the primary director of was Episode 4 (originally just "Star Wars" in 1977). Irvin Kershner directed Episode 5 and 6 (which were incredible films). No prequels exist and I'm looking forward to see what J.J. Abrams does with Star Wars. What he did to Star Trek was horrendous but I feel he is more suitable for directing a proper Star Wars film. December 18th is just around the corner. If he does a good job, then perhaps some day in the future there will be an Episode 1. Only then will I understand this vision of cliffs and Podracing of which you speak.

That aside, I'm glad to know that others have dreams of Minecraft and now Rising World. Once Biomes and water are in place, I'm hoping to see some improvements to cave generation. The idea of underground settlements have always intrigued me. Have you ever played Myst Uru? That game allows you to explore the underground ruins of the Dn'i civilization. I've always dreamed of expansive caverns with oceans, similar to that in Journey To The Center Of The Earth. I'd love to see a world such as that in Rising World someday. I hope Red has some plans to implement underground water caves at some point. If we get something similar to Glowstone in Minecraft then even better :)

Meh. There's always some good points to a movie so I dislike it when people throw something close to a tantrum to these things. Ya, you're free to that sort of opinion, and I would agree with you, but not to the point of purposely doing such ^. I'm trying to mention what I also dreamed of with those cliff-side homes. I guess I should have mentioned having those monster spawner dungeons appearing on the side of ravines end-on-end to be an abandoned civilized area. I still wish more would be seen of those Naboo fighters, more varieties, and more fun. I also have high hopes for this new Star Wars movie while wishing that Star Trek movie would have been better.

The only 'Myst' I know is of a game where you can travel to various worlds. There's even a mod for Minecraft that allows you to warp to one world & the next by creating books & finding runes. Basically creating 'Ages' to travel while hoping nothing collapses. Hoping Red51 takes note when wanting to add in 'fantasy' biomes. Should be fun to see this, & others while shying away from the generic fantasy stuff while aiming for some unique fantasy. I'm also sure Red51 shall add in some sort of underground lighting to mimic, and surpass the glowstone stuff. He has the freedom to go all Skyrim & Fallout with it by adding glowing plants, objects, & etc through world-gen. Should be fun.

Lastly, I even dreamed about submarines from Silent Hunter 3, so I'm going to assume I might dream of oceanic vessels whenever Red51 does add them in. Same with when he eventually adds in submarines (something Minecraft ignored by giving drinking potions) for some underwater fun. I'm thinking more U-boat, though some more civilian submarine should be sweet, if & when that happens.

• Sorry, I did derail the conversation a bit. I should have atleast added an /s but I thought that was obvious. Did you hear about the new Star Trek tv series coming out next year? I have high hopes for that one. It will be made by some of the people who were involved in the reboot movies but with a different cast. So rather than re-telling a story about Kirk, Picard, Sisco, or Janeway, or Archer we get to see a new story with new people in what I assume is going to be the time period of The Old Series.

And yes, the Myst franchise with the linking books is exactly what I am referring to. There's a sequel called Uru which came out in the early 2000s which allowed you to explore Dni the city (Where Atrus was trapped in the first game) as well as the history and culture of the civilization. There is an image on a myst thread here that is a few posts down that embodies what I envision of someday seeing in Rising World:

http://mystonline.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=18386

Here's a screenshot of part of the underground city. It really doesn't do it justice but no picture can really capture the city in its entirety since it is so massive and spans a cavern atleast several miles wide with a deep lake in the middle:

http://www.mystjourney.com/uru/exploration/dni-aegura.php

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!