Water implementation

• Hi to all builders and miners,
    I was wondering bout including water in a way how exactly the water interact with the solid part of the world.
    Example: There is a lake and you are diging to the bottom of the lake from below (cave). Water shall leak to the bottom of the cave komplex. This can be very tricky.
    Or will be the bottoms of water surfaces untouchable?

So far the game is just Outstanding! :thumbup:

• You know how water reacts in Terraria & Starbound? Ya, think that for this game. Red51 is wanting water to behave to every block around it, to the point it'll flow & follow the terrain around it. Imagine how much stress it'll cause on the PC though, Minecraft's TNT style stress. Red51 is wanting to do this, yet shall have to hold off until late 2016, or early 2017. We'll see how these updates release because they've been known to delay one another.

You should, in theory, be able to drain both a lake & an ocean.

• Yip, I think I know what you mean. Just a "cube" water with liquid behave but naturaly in three dimensional view. I suppose that Red51 should allow not so large water areas to avoid drastic FPS drops during moving of a large amount of water cubes. Just like you said ex. in Minecraft TNT experiments. One way or another, I´m sure it will be really interesting to have water in RW. ^^

• Not sure how Red51 shall treat water because it'll react accordingly to physical, and maybe weather-related interactions. The whole physical side shall take ages. For now, we'll be given static water, yet be able to do small interactions with them (Swimming, boating, & such). Typing that made me imagine ducks & seagulls at the least. Kelp & seaweed for the under-side of the static water. Something small.

I'd imagine the final water be a major delayed update seeing as how we had to deal with biomes update. Needs more biomes still. :huh:

I don't want to pressure Red51 now but it be sweet to have a mini water update with kelp, seaweed, & ducks hmm. Something to "ease our nerves" type thing.

• Yes I also think static water would be a really good compromise for now. I like the idea to habe a bunch oft bucket types, e.g. al little bucket for only 10l water, a really big one for 35l and a tanker for much more water. In my opineon, one of the most important things will also be a pump.

• Yes I also think static water would be a really good compromise for now. I like the idea to habe a bunch oft bucket types, e.g. al little bucket for only 10l water, a really big one for 35l and a tanker for much more water. In my opineon, one of the most important things will also be a pump.

I strongly agree here. I suggested this earlier, yet feel it slipped off into the past somewhere that I'm over-joyed you're bringing this back. We need various sorts of water containers for both thirst & to deal with cooking & crafting other stuff that needs water. Having various things to store water would also be a lovely asset to Rising World, especially when diseases & such shall play a big part in this game (Red51 teased he wanted such).

Coconut liquid containers (milk within at first to then put in water), water bottles (plastic & glass), cups, mugs, wooden wine containers, among various other sorts. Even found out that avocado shells can contain water within if you cut it directly in half. There's various ways to hold water that Red51 shouldn't have any problems or excuses as to not tend to thirst with storage issues :P

The issue would then be with 'purifying' the water to be drinkable which should be easily fixed if you use moss for the Medieval era (or fruits & veggies), or going with a purifying stick for 'modern' era. There's even industrial-grade gadgets to purify polluted water (not sewage context, yet water in general) so that should be fun to survive in within Rising World. Found this out when people whined of 'water shortages' that's a faux scare.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!