Invalid Graphics card

• When i start the game it gives an error that says "invalid graphics adapter"

it uses the "inter(R) HD graphics familiy", but i also have a "Nvidia geforce GT 555m".

Is the Nvidia good enough? ?And if it is how can i change it so it uses the Nvidia?

• Do you have the Steam version? Or Standalone (from our website)? When using the Steam version, it should use the Nvidia card automatically, as long as all drivers for your Nvidia card are installed correctly (otherwise the Nvidia does not work at all). Make sure no beta is selected, since some beta versions don't use the automatic graphics card assignment.
    It's definitely recommendable to use the Nvidia GT instead of the integrated Intel HD ;)
    When using the Standalone, you have to assign the Nvidia card manually to the game. Either by rightclicking on the "Rising World.exe" and selecting to run it with the dedicated or "high performance" graphics processor, or by changing this setting in the Nvidia Control Panel (go to "Manage 3D Settings" and either assign the Nvidia card globally, or manually to "Rising World" as well as to the "Java.exe".

• I have the steam version, and the drivers are installed correctly and working because other games use the Nvidia according to the "Nvidia geforce experience" program downloaded from their site.

once I don't select a beta version the game doesn't start at all. It gives an error that it stopped working.
    If I select the "newest-old-exe" version I get the "invalid graphics card" error

I also tried this:
    "by rightclicking on the "Rising World.exe" and selecting to run it with the dedicated or "high performance" graphics processor"
    Once i do this the error says to manually assign the card to the game, but after having the game manually assigned i still get the error.

• Oh okay, well the "newest-old-exe" does not have the automatic graphics card assignment indeed. Please try this: Unselect the "newest-old-exe" version (so that no beta is selected at all), then go into your Rising World folder (steam/steamapps/common/risingworld) into the "java" subfolder, then "bin", and copy the file called "msvcr100.dll" (maybe it's just called "msvcr100"). Paste this file into the Rising World main directory (where you also find the "risingworldx64.exe"), and try to start the game again. Does it work now?

• No, it's not working, I still get the invalid graphics error.

I also tried to completely delete the game and download it all over again. assigned the graphics card and copied the file and paste the msvcr100 file as you said, but it also didn't work.

• Okay, so changing to "None" the first time caused the game to not start at all, getting an error with "stopped working" (is that correct)? After adding the "msvcr100.dll" manually to the game directory (but keeping "None" as beta) the game was able to start at least (so you no longer get the "stopped working" error), but you're getting stuck at an "Invalid graphics card" message? Or did I get something wrong?
    Please have a look if there is a file called "errorlog" in your game directory. If it is there, please paste the content here (or if there are multiple files, please post the content of the latest one) :)

Okay, so changing to "None" the first time caused the game to not start at all, getting an error with "stopped working" (is that correct)? After adding the "msvcr100.dll" manually to the game directory (but keeping "None" as beta) the game was able to start at least (so you no longer get the "stopped working" error), but you're getting stuck at an "Invalid graphics card" message? Or did I get something wrong?

this is completely right.

I can't find an errorlog, although there is a map called "logs" but the files in there aren't called errorlog either. they are called "logexe" saying the following,not sure if this might be usefull?:

Rising World Launcher
    Steam Auth: 1.31 SDK
    Launcher Version: 0.5
    Succesfull start via Steam
    Continue with setting Memory...
    Set the standarized Memory
    Testing Friendlist stuff

Starting VM...
    VM OPTIONS:
    -Djava.class.path=risingworld.jar
    -Djava.library.path=lib
    -Xmx2048m
    -XX:MaxDirectMemorySize=2048m
    VM OPTIONS:
    Ticket: 140000004388665895361BB6E8368D09010010019798A656180000000100000002000000C0CD78D9000000004226120007000000B20000003200000004000000E8368D0901001001F0F10400C0CD78D913B2A8C0000000000215A55682C4C0560100EDC700000000000049A14BE335C65E412490376AAEF7A930EC7960F9E9139B27D69118241C32A2CA6FF884744EFC6873CE53D332CD594B61A7C28502075BD8FD14A3A3FF395BB9F2402BF9BB3B6090CFA84FDDA141CCFFF50F841099E49745A4945442A3AD9549C17604154D40A1D33CA14BC5FF8F6978925E5C8C7BBD9D8C83DB5BA92827DB9D65
    Lang: english

• this is completely right.

Alright, thanks for the feedback :)

I can't find an errorlog, although there is a map called "logs" but the files in there aren't called errorlog either. they are called "logexe" saying the following,not sure if this might be usefull?:

Thanks for posting the exe log, unfortunately there are no useful information in it :(
    So if automatic detection does not work, please try this: Open your Nvidia Control Panel (rightclick on it or on the Experience icon in your tray), then go to "Manage 3D Settings" on the left side (under 3D Settings). Now you can either assign the "High performance Nvidia processor" globally, or alternatively go to the "Program Settings" tab. There you can click the "Add" button next to the program selection, and select the "risingworldx64.exe" (steam/steamapps/common/risingworld/risingworldx64.exe) as well as the "java.exe" from the subfolder in the game directory (steam/steamapps/common/risingworld/java/bin/java.exe). Select for both programs the "High performance Nvidia processor". Now try to run the game, you should no longer run into the error message now (though I'm wondering why the automatic detection does not work oO).
    If you get the error message again, try to install the latest Nvidia driver. If it still does not work, please let me know ;)

• also this isn't working.

i've updated my drivers twice, and searched for updates with the "Nvidia geforce experience" so everything should be up to date.

When going to my hardware it also says the Nvidia is working correctly but my laptop screen doesn't use the Nvidia neither...

• That's strange.. when even setting the "Preferred graphics processor" in the "Global Settings" tab (in your Nvidia Control Panel) to "High-performance NVIDIA processor" does not work, there seems to be an issue with the driver, or maybe the issue is caused by Windows itself (if "Power saver" is enabled in the Power Options in your system control panel, for example). Also make sure that your laptop is connected to an AC outlet.
    Please try to download the Nvidia driver manually from the Nvidia homepage: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx
    Maybe it's recommendable to do a clean driver reinstall.

• My pc isn't on power saver, it's on high performance so I guess that shouldn't be the problem.

someone told me that i might have to set my Nvidia to standard in the "bios" or something. I know how to get there en went looking but i'm not that much into it to know what to do...

now i'm downloading the driver manually so i'll let you know if it works soon.

I know how to get there en went looking but i'm not that much into it to know what to do...

get there *and* went looking

• It's still not working. I googled about the "bios" thing but don"t know how it works.

• Uninstall the game , Go into the steam files / common and remove the Rising world directory (It leaves stuff behind even after an uninstall ) then reinstall the game from scratch. Before you reinstall the game turn off the betas and be sure you have the latest 64 bit version of java installed.

• Do you have a separate monitor connected to your laptop? If so, please try if the issue still persist after disconnecting your monitor. You could also try to completely uninstall your Nvidia driver before installing the latest version from the Nvidia homepage.
    If you decide to reinstall the game, make sure you copy the msvcr100.dll manually into the game directory again, otherwise you will eventually run into the same start issues as before.

There is a way to play the game with the Intel HD graphics though (as long as you have at least an Intel HD 3000 or 4000, it requires you to install the latest Intel driver), however, it would be a pity if you can't use the more powerful dedicated gpu.

Uninstall the game , Go into the steam files / common and remove the Rising world directory (It leaves stuff behind even after an uninstall ) then reinstall the game from scratch. Before you reinstall the game turn off the betas and be sure you have the latest 64 bit version of java installed.

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately it didn't work. :thumbup:

Do you have a separate monitor connected to your laptop? If so, please try if the issue still persist after disconnecting your monitor.

No, i just use my laptop screen.

You could also try to completely uninstall your Nvidia driver before installing the latest version from the Nvidia homepage.

I'll have a look at this then, hoping it will work. I'm excited to play the game ;(

If you decide to reinstall the game, make sure you copy the msvcr100.dll manually into the game directory again, otherwise you will eventually run into the same start issues as before.

Thanks for saying but i didn't forget :thumbsup:

• after the clean install it still doesn't work, and the optimus tool says my Nvidia GPU is on.

Could Java be the problem? because when using the "Auto-detect your GPU" at http://www.geforce.com/drivers it says java is required, but after downloading java it still says it.
    also when going to my programs I do have java and can open the java control panel.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!