Game freezes

• Red51 requested I create a new topic for this one, so here goes.

My roommate and I have been experiencing a lot of momentary freezing, which sometimes last for several seconds, since the last couple of updates (I think 0.6.4.4 is when it started). He says he has less trouble on his singleplayer than when on our server, but I suspect as Red does, that it is in fact a client-side issue. We're on a LAN, and the server has 4 dual-core Xeons and 32 Gigs RAM.

Here is a report right after one of the freezes:

• so your running a game and letting your friend connect to your game at the same time as your playing it ? if i was you guys i would download the dedicated server files from this link https://www.rising-world.net/en/page/downloads.html and setup a propper server on another computer inside your LAN and both you and your friend can connect to that.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

so your running a game and letting your friend connect to your game at the same time as your playing it ?

Nope, as I said before, We're on a LAN, and the server has 4 dual-core Xeons and 32 Gigs RAM.

• On your report the spec's are xeons 4 core, this sounds like the computer your running the server on and talking about but your also running the game on it, as this report is not a server report, could you provide a server report too please, the report for that is in the logs dir of the server files cheers ;-)

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • We've actually found the problem, my roommate's castle was made of blueprints from the forums, and each blueprint had tons of constructions in it. He took the castle out today just to test, and no more freezing. Evidently, he reached the limitation of the game lol. If a game can be broken, he is sure to find the way lol

• We've actually found the problem, my roommate's castle was made of blueprints from the forums, and each blueprint had tons of constructions in it. He took the castle out today just to test, and no more freezing. Evidently, he reached the limitation of the game lol. If a game can be broken, he is sure to find the way lol

Thats strange it should still be fine but maybe something else going on there oO well happy its solved your problem anyway :-D

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • It was here: Möbel/Turm
    The image on the right, the castle spire or whatever it is...yeah he had taken a wall section with a window out of it, made a blueprint of it, and made quite a large castle with it. Not sure if I explained that right lol...but when he took one section apart, piece by piece, we saw how many pieces were in each section (we lost count lol) and were like...yep that's our problem. He had probably an equivalent of 40 of those castle spires in one area.

• Sorry for my late response, was away on business for the last days :( Anyway, I'm happy to hear the problem is solved now :) It's indeed an issue when there are too many construction elements. In your case it seemed that the game was running out of memory. Alternatively you could have tried this launch option: +memory 1536 3072 (rightclick on rw in steam -> properties -> set launch options), but if there are too many of very detailed constructions in one area, you need more memory (6 GB are not sufficient then)...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!