Broken Building last update

• When I loaded my my game I saw that a big chuck missing out of the church Im building hopefully I make a bp of it last time I play. Sadly first picture is what that bp give me, so I get some question question. What is the maximum a bp can copy, in size and number of construction item?

And since I try 3 backup and every time the missing part still gone after conversion. Can I download the previous version of the game somewhere? so I can create a working bp to save my work.

• Your blueprint has too many parts, try to split it.
    The maximum size is not really known atm. We have the same problems on our server, can't blueprint whole buildings (about millionen parts or so ;)) or have to split it.
    I hope they'll fix it. :)
    If you've got the steam version go on libraray - rising world - rightclick - properties - beta - choose beta. I have the ability to choose between 3 versions of the game.
    Maybe this could solve your problem.

• Unfortunately the latest update deleted all chunks with too many construction elements (it was causing massive problems on multiplayer servers, mainly due to a MySQL limitation, but it affected all worlds, even when using SQLite). From now on, it's no longer possible to store more than 65.535 construction elements in a single chunk.
    However, your old world prior conversation was stored in a hidden ".backup" subfolder in your World folder (only when using SQLite or in Singleplayer). You also have to switch back to a previous version of the game (as @Deirdre described), otherwise the world will be converted again. The last version is unfortunately the outdated 0.6.3.1 (prior the biomes update), but we can upload a temporary 0.6.4.5 version in a few hours ;) This allows you to store the building in a blueprint.

If it still does not work when storing in a blueprint, can you eventually send the according blueprint to me (via support@jiw-games.net or PM)? Then I can have a look at what's going wrong there^^

• Thx, I always create backup on my game and bp, every 2-3 day, (I learned the hard way in to many game) but your hidden backup have the last day so Im gona lost less.

A chunk are 16x16x16 block or 16x16xwhole height? And 65.5k its so many item, I was a bit crazy when I decorated the screen choir, but I dont think I was that crazy. (I gonna check when redoing the bp) But if it was that crazy I probably have to redo it a bit less detailed or the server where I plan to install the whole project gonna hate me.

• I always create backup on my game and bp, every 2-3 day

Definitely a wise decision :)

A chunk are 16x16x16 block or 16x16xwhole height? And 65.5k its so many item, I was a bit crazy when I decorated the screen choir, but I dont think I was that crazy

Chunks are 16x16x64 (length x width x height). But the previous limitation was already hit with 2000-4000 elements, so when this amount of construction elements was placed in a single chunk, it was unfortunately removed automatically with the latest update :/
    If you're able to recover the old data, it should work from now on (due to the new 65.5k limit). If you can't save it in a blueprint, please let me know :)

• Thx, worked fine, I got my choir back and I make a bp of it, its have a little bit over 19k items in 3 chunk. But I still can't create a bp of the whole project. probly I got too crazy. The whole building is 67x56x101 and count 325,5k item and 15 object, and still not build the monastery. I guess Its really too must to take in one shot and I gonna have to split it in more piece.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!