A question about wood.

A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • With reference to my willow tree woes and my incredibly scientific study of rising world trees I came to the following conclusion:

For wood there is no point in growing any other trees apart from poplars as they give the most wood back as well as plenty of saplings.

So my question is this; are there plans to have the different woods do different things/give different coloured lumber to make the different coloured wood blocks, planks and beams or are the trees going to be purely for aesthetic purposes?

Alternatively will the trees eventually have differing growth times? i.e. poplars take longer to grow as they give more wood.

This makes me look overly obsessed with wood and honestly I'm not......I love rocks just as much, in fact the same could be said about rocks...will you require sandstone for sandstoney (Looks like I made that word up but it really should exist!) coloured blocks.

• Yea and I think the same about sandstone eventually being used for sandstone type blocks would be just a matter of time just like way back, when iron ingots were finally being used for metal blocks and dirt for loam blocks.

It kind of makes sense that right now it's all about adding content into the game, balancing out all the features usually would happen later on so there's not much to worry about with these things right now, since all will be set into the right place later on anyway.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!