Custom 3d models

• After seeing all the various objects people are building with the construction system, e.g. coffee mugs, cars, trains, wall decor, wooden reindeer, etc... Is it currently possible to import custom objects? For example, if I design a model of a coffee cup in 3dsmax, can I import the object? I know all object models are referenced in a master database file. Rather than directly modifying that, Is it possible to create a zip file with a database and 3d object files into a mod directory and have the game reference external database files ? Can we also reference current texture id numbers for our models? If not, this would be a great way to begin modding.

• It's indeed our intention to have such a feature ;) Probably you will just put an additional definition text file into the same folder as your model then (or into the same zip file), optionally also a .jar file to define custom behaviour of your object (e.g. what happens when interacting with it etc).
    But first we want to get the Java API ready (since it will be used for custom object code etc)^^

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!