Permission override

• Hello

I'm trying to use the permission player group to enable PVP for certain players on a server that has PVP disabled globally.

Meaning on the server properties i have this set

Code
    settings_pvp_enabled=false

But on a playergroup I have this set

Code
    general:
    pvp: true

The playergroup cant seem to override the servers disabled pvp or are we just not capable of hurting/killing each other in general. (I've never had any experience with PVP on this game since i first started player last year :rolleyes: )

The reason why I dont want to turn on settings_pvp_enabled is because I dont want to have the server listed as a PVP server.

Thx for the help. :thumbsup:

• When "settings_pvp_enabled" is set to false, there is indeed no pvp possible currently. The player "pvp" permission only has an effect when "settings_pvp_enabled" is set to true. Originally this was intended to make sure that pvp is generally not possible on servers which are flagged as "non-pvp server", but eventually we have to reconsider this approach ^^

• That sucks because Silver has built an awesome PVP Arena on the server, i was gonna place bets at the arena on my fighters.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!