No footstep sounds

• After the water updates i can't hear any footsteps on metal, gravel dirt and others, I can hear snow sounds, water sounds, but most others no sound at all.

I reinstalled the game but no help.

• @Jett
    In my testing I have noticed issues with missing sounds when loading older worlds (mostly pre-0.6.5), but they usually work again when moving away from and coming back to the base*.
    Does this also happen with new worlds?

*don't forget your compass, though!

• i mostly play on the Freaks R US server witch is an old world but i tested it in on a single player old world to and same thing, so i deleted old world and made a new one but still no sound for metal and gravel, i haven't tested mud yet.

• Do you use a headset or speaker? Please try this: Rightclick on the small speaker icon in the lower right corner of your Desktop, select "Playback devices" and set the correct audio device as default.
    If that doesn't help, go to the Playback devices menu again, select your default device, and press the "Configure" button. If you have a stereo headset (or speakers) for example, make sure "Stereo" is selected (if 5.1 or something else is selected, this may result in missing sounds).

• Red51 your suggestion worked, all sounds are back! Thank you
    i was on 5.1 sound, i switched back to stereo and all is good, i have a wireless headset and often need to switch from desktop speakers to headset and i must have changed that setting.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!