Deteriorating performance

• So usually after about an hour of gameplay, the game becomes choppy or I start seeing black artifacts on the screeen, either a thin choppy line through the center or a large black region on the bottom that corresponds to a section of the terrain. My drivers are up to date (last update was in May) and I use a Nvidia 960 with 2GB of memory. Intel Core i7-5820K Haswell-E (6 cores, 3.3GHZ), 16GB of DDR4. I'll try and monitor cpu and gpu temps at the time but honestly Rising World is pretty light on resources compared to heavy hitters which run smoothly on this machine.

Are there any tests I can do?

• What OS are you using foxfire? I can play on single player pretty much all day no issue but on Freaks UR us server after about 3-4 hours I get lagged have to close the client and restart client too. But seems everyone slows down over time. I was just assuming a memory leak in game. I never experienced anything like black artifacts. If it's happening rather quickly perhaps others know. I just see everyone restarting every so often to clear out the problem. Also are you on single player or multiplayer?

• The issue only cropped up recently. I usually play offline and no more than an hour at a time. It happens sometimes, not all the time. I usually have multiplayer issues with things like the furnace not updating (or maybe I'm not updating with the furnace). Restarting always fixes everything so yea, buggy early access code is likely leaking memory. I haven't had a need to monitor JVM memory usage since troubleshooting some bizarre issues in Tomcat so I'll take a look at that. It's been a while but i can re-learn what I forgot :)

• What have you tried sometimes turning down graphical settings fixes issues until a new driver is released, if it is graphical related. I had that problem when I max settings in Laura Craft in 3d Mode I get glitch like a polygon didn't clear and cause my screen image to go haywire. I turn down settings it worked fine, later they released new graphical drivers for my video card fixed the issue.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!