How are Cardinal Directions shown?

• I've seen in some videos both singleplayer and multiplayer that the cardinal directions are shown on the bottom of the screen along with the elevation. What I don't know is if this is a lua script mod, in-game feature or if I'm just losing my mind. I could spend days digging through the thousands of entries under mods or just come out and ask. So I'm asking: What is it? Is it a feature that requires a special activation code? Is it a script that I have to install if so where do I find it? Is there a tutorial in layman's terms and not scientific? If this is the wrong thread pardon me because where exactly does one ask these questions?

Sample:
    >>>altitude: 67>>>
    >>>North>>>>

That's pretty much how this cardinal direction script or whatever it may be is showing up in others videos. There's no way it's a vanilla feature because I would of noticed a while ago when I first crafted the compass and clock. I don't know what this is and I would love to try it for myself. So for whomever can read this message please create a pinned folder and mark it Lua Mods so that lua mods such as this can be displayed for download. Even if it's just a script it would be very neat and clean if it was marked and tagged under a Lua Mods folder. Am I aggravated yep so maybe it's time for me to shut up and wait for a response.. oh yeah I have to click submit ^^

• Check out the thread here:
    [Script]Compass / Kompass

There are actually two versions posted there. One has a .rar extention, the other is a .7z file. both are posted on the first page, within a few comments of each other. One of them shows the arrows with the cardinal directions. The other I think just shows coordinates and depth. I forget which. Would be nice to combine them into a single script since both features are useful.

You can drop extract one and drop it into a subfolder under scripts in your RW directory (or under scripts on the server you want it to appear on). I tried running both variants at the same time (just created two seperate compass folders with slightly different names) but that did not work.

• Check out the thread here:
    [Script]Compass / Kompass

There are actually two versions posted there. One has a .rar extension, the other is a .7z file. both are posted on the first page, within a few comments of each other. One of them shows the arrows with the cardinal directions. The other I think just shows coordinates and depth. I forget which. Would be nice to combine them into a single script since both features are useful.

You can drop extract one and drop it into a subfolder under scripts in your RW directory (or under scripts on the server you want it to appear on). I tried running both variants at the same time (just created two separate compass folders with slightly different names) but that did not work.

I tried the compass which was a .7z file and got an error when loading Rising World saying: [Error This game does not support family sharing] so I took it out and deleted it. As far as a .rar file I don't think I seen a link to download that one. I'll go check again but the .7z is incompatible with Rising World. What I did was put the .7z in here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RisingWorld\scripts exited then hit play. Unless that .7z goes goes some place else it took a one way trip to the recycling bin. Sorry

• There is also this GPS script (by me, shameless plug...) which has some additional features, including a home and waypoint define / tp feature.

This however does work and is a nifty little tool. Had to screenshot the commands so I could use them. @Miwarre It looks good and yet I still wonder if the clock could be done in the same manner. Not complaining as it works unlike the Compass/Kompass Mod. Miwarre if you don't mind me asking can you add a command called /help that will bring up a list of all the commands? Maybe you do have it and I was just too anxious to try it out and overlooked it. Great mod :)

• This however does work and is a nifty little tool. Had to screenshot the commands so I could use them. @Miwarre It looks good and yet I still wonder if the clock could be done in the same manner. Not complaining as it works unlike the Compass/Kompass Mod. Miwarre if you don't mind me asking can you add a command called /help that will bring up a list of all the commands? Maybe you do have it and I was just too anxious to try it out and overlooked it. Great mod :)

@ArcaneDesmond: thank for liking my little pet, I appreciate. Did you try /gps help? 8o

I think the clock can be added; it is probably a little heavier in resources as it would use a timer, which are usually expensive. But possibly it would not make a big difference.

1) Do you think it as a separate script to install or an added function of the GPS? (I think I prefer the latter)

2) It would only display hours:minutes, as I do not think the in game time really have seconds!

3) In case of an added function, it would be nice to turn its display on and off (/gps clock as a toggle), wouldn't it?

4) I assume it should support 12h and 24h formats...

• 1) A separate script would work well but adding it to the existing script might also eliminate any incompatibilities.
    2) Hours and minutes sounds great. I wouldn't worry too much about the seconds unless your going to match it the clock to the game tick speed.
    3) To turn the clock on and off using /gps clock would be great. I've actually wondered about the positions on screen the lock would serve best at, but I'll leave that to you :)
    4) the 12 hour format is what I know best If someone told me the time was 17:34 I would have to pull out a pen & paper. If 1500 is 3Pm then I guess my answer would be 3+2= 5:34 PM. I don't know if I got that right lol :)

I've never made mods before because computer code is like a labyrinth that goes on forever. If I did understand it I would move the compass to the top (centered) of the screen and place the clock in position beside it. Some say Java is easy, but when you get started you wonder what goes first. I think I'll leave the mods to the wizards much like @Miwarre & @Chrisx84 . You guys are awesome :thumbup:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!