[plugin]BlockPlacer (world edit replacement oO)

• ok the problem is i have updated the script a number of times, the script your using is not the newest one, i have also done other things so just reuploaded a even newer script, download this one and try that.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • ok the problem is i have updated the script a number of times, the script your using is not the newest one, i have also done other things so just reuploaded a even newer script, download this one and try that.

I was using the plugin that was available on May 2nd.
    Tomorrow I'll test the new one. Thank you.

• just a bump to let everyone know i just uploaded a new updated script, it fix's a bug and also gives more feedback when filling areas

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • A few of observations/issues:

- /delete block does not appear to work but /place block 0 does. Would prefer /delete block. Shouldn't "/delete abs" do what "/fill with 0" does (see next comment)?

- /delete abs appears to delete everything except land. To stay consistent with worldedit, shouldn't /delete abs delete everything including land and have "/delete" (by itself) delete everything except land.

- Could /blockplacerhelp be shortened to something shorter, like, /bphelp?

• hi when did you download this plugin ?

• I ask because /delete blocks should work also it's blocks not block
    • Yes I can do bphelp
    • With lua abs did not delete the land but I could also do a /delete blovc

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • - ah was using /delete block as that is what it says in the /blockplacerhelp (soon to be /bphelp?) it is indeed /delete blocks

- Maybe I am using a older version of WorldEdit. When I do "/we clear" it clears all but land/terrain. When I do "/we clear abs" it deletes everything (which makes sense to me abs=absolute)

@yahgiggle
    From the WorldEdit LUA Script Thread...

clear [obj|con|veg|block|all|abs] : clear the selected area of (obj)ects, (con)structions, (veg)etations, (block)s, (all), or (abs)olutely everything. (Default all)Ex: /we clear veg

Edited once, last by Jon_miner: Added reference to World Edit Script ().

• But was also thinking that "/delete abs" should delete everything including land and "/delete" by itself should delete everything except land (as with World Edit /clear).

Also wondering... the "/select area (/select)" appears to work for non-admins. Should this be limited to admins as non-admins should not be using BlockPlacer, WorldEdit, Area Protection or Portals. The only thing bringing up the Selection Tool that I know of except Blueprinting.

• small comment, could there be an option to remove the onlogin messages from your plugins? The server chat gets full with them (even more when we have more than 1 of your plugins installed) and especially admins get twice the messages containing almost the same information.

• small comment, could there be an option to remove the onlogin messages from your plugins? The server chat gets full with them (even more when we have more than 1 of your plugins installed) and especially admins get twice the messages containing almost the same information.

what about if i make it that you only see the message once when you very first join ?

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • what about if i make it that you only see the message once when you very first join ?

IMO, if all plugin writers have these login messages, then if you start running enough plugins, any server welcome messages would get scrolled of the top of the chat window or any of the first plugin announcement messages (maybe even your plugin(s)). I think there should be an option to remove altogether. Plugin Developers could "advertise" in their "plugin help" commands.

• what about if i make it that you only see the message once when you very first join ?

that works for me :) (good thought tbh @yahgiggle +1 :P )

though an option in a txt file would be better imo to let people choose between "one", "onlogin", or "off" options

• Is it possible to get "fill with dirt/gravel" to look more like what it looks like when you place dirt/gravel manually. ("fill with" - left images, "manual place" - right images)

Edited once, last by Jon_miner: Changed image link to actual image ().

• Is it possible to get "fill with dirt/gravel" to look more like what it looks like when you place dirt/gravel manually. ("fill with" - left images, "manual place" - right images)

This happens because your selected area was not at lest 3 deep you need to go deeper with your selected areas
    there is nothing i can do with the API to fix this, its how the textures work
    well infact i could auto make it go 3 deep when you only select 1 layer but this would also cause more problems oO

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • This happens because your selected area was not at lest 3 deep you need to go deeper with your selected areas
    there is nothing i can do with the API to fix this, its how the textures work
    well infact i could auto make it go 3 deep when you only select 1 layer but this would also cause more problems oO

Thanks... Never noticed that before. I do wish you had the option to do "sharp edges" versus "blended", but realize this is just how the textures work.

But was also thinking that "/delete abs" should delete everything including land and "/delete" by itself should delete everything except land (as with World Edit /clear).

Also wondering... the "/select area (/select)" appears to work for non-admins. Should this be limited to admins as non-admins should not be using BlockPlacer, WorldEdit, Area Protection or Portals. The only thing bringing up the Selection Tool that I know of except Blueprinting.

Have you considered either of these comments? Namely the first one?

• Thanks... Never noticed that before. I do wish you had the option to do "sharp edges" versus "blended", but realize this is just how the textures work.

Have you considered either of these comments? Namely the first one?

For select working for any user it realy does not matter because they cannot do anything with it

for the delete abs, its something i have been thinking about and have let abs also remove land, i have now also added /delete boc for delete all blocks, Objects and Construction.

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • Bump to let everyone know i have updated the script

Now /delete abs removes everything including land

/delete land <-------- removes land only
    /delete veg <------- removes all Vegetation, excluding grass
    /delete con <-------- removes all Construction, excluding blocks
    /delete obj <-------- removes all Objects
    /delete blocks <-------- removes all blocks
    /delete boc <-------- removes all blocks, objects and construction
    /delete abs <-------- removes all blocks, objects, construction, Vegetation and land

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!