Suddenly cannot connect to any MP RW server

• Hello all,

sorry if this is not the right forum thread for my question but didn't really know where it would be more relevant.

So I live in Germany normally and there I can connect to any RW server without any problem, now I moved to Greece for the holidays and I cannot connect to any of them :'(

I am using the same laptop here and there so no differences in the local firewall settings, and the router here has no firewall of its own to block the connection port.

I am using windows 8.1 and tried using telnet to check the port status using the IP address and port number given to me by an admin on the server I mostly play in (EffenDor) and the port seems to be open. '

Thus no clue what the issue could be and thought I would have better luck asking here.

• Are you connected to the HIVE server (is the connection icon in the top right corner in the main menu red or green)? When trying to join a server, what happens exactly? Does it get stuck at a certain progress (0%, 5%, 10% etc)? What ping do you have?
    Does it work if you try to ping the server(s) manually (on Windows, press your Windowskey + R -> type "cmd" -> type "ping serverip" [replace "serverip" with the ip of the server]), do you get a response or a time out?

• the icon on the top right in the main menu is green so I suppose I am connected to the HIVE server.

When I try to join a server it just gets stuck at "connecting...." never goes to even write 0% and I tried connecting to servers with various pings ranging from 60 to 250.

pinging some servers works without any issue but for others I get timeout errors. In game I cannot connect to any of them.

• the icon on the top right in the main menu is green so I suppose I am connected to the HIVE server.

When I try to join a server it just gets stuck at "connecting...." never goes to even write 0% and I tried connecting to servers with various pings ranging from 60 to 250.

pinging some servers works without any issue but for others I get timeout errors. In game I cannot connect to any of them.

what sort of internet connection are you using in Greece, is it Cell Phone by any Chance ? also whats your ping and speed

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png
  • No not a cellphone (though I believe a cell phone connection would probably be faster than my current speed :P ). It is an ADSL connection.

The speed is up to 10 Mbps Download and 1 Mbps upload, ping depending on the server can range from 60 (europe) to 120 (USA) to 250 (Asia). At least these are the typical numbers we get here.

Though I don't think the speed should be the problem as I can play Overwatch for instance without any problem and that is much more internet intensive than RW

• here is a debug console dump in case it helps with finding a solution to my problem.

The last lines in the file where the problem seems to appear are:

::::::ON CLIENT CONNECT ERROR
    showLayerAlwaysOnTop: I.a not found!

load servers: 2

EDIT: I used my cellphone's 4G tethering and I connected to the EffenDor server without a problem

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!