A "fatal error" occurs when the game starts up

• Whenever I start up Rising World I receive this message

Error while loadingthe game
    com.jme3.renderer.RendererException:compile error in:ShaderSource[name=Shaders/Vegetation/VegetationShader.frag, defines,type=Fragment, language=GLSL100]
    WARNING: 0:14:extension 'GL_EXT_gpu_shader4' is not supported
    WARNING: 0:15:extension 'GL_EXT_texture_array' is not supported
    ERROR: 0:145:'texture2DArray' : no matching overloaded function found - implicitconversion not allowed
    ERROR: 0:145:'assign' : cannot convert from 'const float' to '4-component vectorof float'
    ERROR: 0:150:'texture2DArray' : no matching overloaded function found - implicitconversion not allowed
    ERROR: 0:150:'assign' : cannot convert from 'const float' to '4-component vectorof float'
    ERROR: 0:154:'texture2DArray' : no matching overloaded function found - implicitconversion not allowed
    ERROR: 0:154:'assign' : cannot convert from 'const float' to '4-component vectorof float'
    ERROR: 0:158:'texture2DArray' : no matching overloaded function found - implicitconversion not allowed
    ERROR: 0:158:'assign' : cannot convert from 'const float' to '4-component vectorof float'
    ERROR: 0:168:'texture2DArray' : no matching overloaded function found - implicitconversion not allowed
    ERROR: 0:168: '=' : cannot convert from 'const float' to '4-component vector of float'

atcom.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.updateShaderSourceData(GLRenderer.java:1126)
    atcom.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.updateShaderData(GLRenderer.java:1153)
    atcom.jme3.renderer.opengl.GLRenderer.setShader(GLRenderer.java:1217)
    atcom.jme3.material.Material.render(Material.java:1215)
    atcom.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderGeometry(RenderManager.java:568)
    atcom.jme3.renderer.queue.RenderQueue.renderGeometryList(RenderQueue.java:266)
    atcom.jme3.renderer.queue.RenderQueue.renderQueue(RenderQueue.java:305)
    atcom.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPortQueues(RenderManager.java:803)
    atcom.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.flushQueue(RenderManager.java:731)
    atcom.jme3.renderer.RenderManager.renderViewPort(RenderManager.java:1030)
    atcontent.util.ClientUtils$GameUtils.getIcon(SourceFile:402)
    atE.N.a(SourceFile:307)
    atE.N$a.<init>(SourceFile:405)
    atE.N.a(SourceFile:231)
    ats.g.a(SourceFile:375)
    ats.h.update(SourceFile:197)
    atcom.jme3.app.state.AppStateManager.update(AppStateManager.java:287)
    atcommons.JIWApplication.update(SourceFile:152)
    atcom.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.runLoop(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:152)
    atcom.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglDisplay.runLoop(LwjglDisplay.java:192)
    atcom.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:233)

atjava.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Any help would be appreciated.
    Happy Holidays!

Update______________________________________

After doing some searching it seems that the problem is that my drivers are outdated. Though the drivers that I am currently using are "
    Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 20120720000000.000000-000 9.17.10.2817", which apparently have been ever only been updated once.

• if you can, i would suggest you should update your video card driver by going to the website of the video card maker, most likey www.nvidia.com , http://www.intel.com or http://www.amd.com if updating your drivers don't solve your problem then im sorry to say that your card does not support Rising World oO

your driver link for intel from intel is ( https://downloadcenter.intel.c…-8-1-15-33-?product=81499 )

look in your laptop spec's to see if your running 2x video cards lots of laptops have 2 video cards now days
    if it does have 2 then most likely the other non intel video card will run Rising World, but you will need to goto one of the links above to also download the AMD Radeon or Nvidia Gforce driver.

if you do have 2 video cards and have updated both drivers for both cards, you will then need to use the software provided by the seconded card to set the game to use that card this is where it gets tricky and you will need to work out how that is done on your own unless you provied me with your video card type and model and what laptop you own.

Yahgiggle Steam Signature, real name Deon Hamilton :thumbsup: Server @ ip 139.99.136.76:4255 Name (The Federation of territory) Unity :thumbsup:

If at first your code does not work call it version 0.1 with the odd bug :thinking:

My Own Website

31245-logo-png

Edited 2 times, last by yahgiggle ().

• This error is indeed caused by an outdated graphics driver. The old Intel drivers had severe issues with OpenGL, in other words, OpenGL support was totally broken in these versions.
    Your driver is dated on 2012, please go to the Intel homepage and download and install the latest driver for your graphics card, that should do the trick :)

PS: It's always preferable to post the full error message ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!