A new update is now available, introducing a lot of new content!
Latest hotfix: 0.7.5.2 (2024-09-10)
  • I have really been looking forward to making mods for the client and I am aware that there is some room to do it with scripts.

But I wanted to know if we could make a basic 'Mods' folder, that automatically would load items, mobs, blocks and land generation when the game was started. If you guys take this step, it means a ton less dicking around with stuff like forge for minecraft and would let your modding friends fly.

The folder might need server/world specific directories, and it might seem a waste of time at first, but I know other players are already itching to make great addition to the base experience.

• I think this has no priority at this state, let them first develop their game so we see what it will be at the end of the development. Client modding is nice but think about this, some modder develops new "Snow Biome" then the devs come with their new biome system this could include its own snowbiome, so the mod will be unnecessary and the modder could be frustrated to create something useless.

So let the "base experience" come in shape til you say you need additional content.

• I would prefer if modding waited for a more complete game. Start modding now and planned features will start coming out as mods.. then they might never be actually added to the game as planned etc...

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

• We absolutely support modding, and we are willing to provide all required information to modders if they ask for them :) But indeed, as stated by @ZaCormyr and @Nova, you need to keep in mind that (at least bigger mods) will probably break when we release a new update, especially in this very early stage of development.

• We absolutely support modding, and we are willing to provide all required information to modders if they ask for them :) But indeed, as stated by @ZaCormyr and @Nova, you need to keep in mind that (at least bigger mods) will probably break when we release a new update, especially in this very early stage of development.

I like what I read there red! Mods can come but updates that have the same content will still be released. Thank you.

Haste is the enemy of knowledge.

Makes sense.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!