Switching game modes?

• I know this topic is gonna kick off a firestorm, but I'm that kind of guy, and it's eventually gonna come up anyway so might as well get it over with.

I don't think it's "right" that we're able to switch between Creative and Survival, even though the 'command' screen. Are you really playing 'Survival' if you can pop into Creative whenever you want and get all the weapons, items, armor, or even fly way from monsters... without penalty?

I know some of you are gonna say "But I want to play the way I want to play! I want to do whatever I want!!" Really? You're going with that? Or "It should be my choice. It should be up to me." I don't think it should be up to you. In virtually every game you have to play within the constraints of that game. I don't think RW should be any different.

If 'survival' is your thing, play survival.
    If 'creative' and building is your thing, play creative.
    There's nothing wrong with having a world for each mode.

But I don't think it's 'fair' to play, or have the ability, to play both modes (on the same world), especially whenever you want. When you know you can switch, it changes how you play the game, and changes your mindset.

That's my thoughts.
    What's yours?

• The devs have stated that it will be disabled by default in the non-survival modes single player games, and that they are going to put a "Allow Cheating" option for when you create a new world. Sort of a turning off default admin rights in single player, along with many dev tools like flight and dev light.

FYI try: item nvg 1, and check your keyboard controls.

• That's good to hear.
    It was really hard, but I refrained from using the words "cheat" or "cheating" in my original post.... but that's what being able to switch modes is to me. As I see it, what's the point of survival if you can switch modes and get all of anything any time you want?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Create a new account now and be part of our community!